oversteer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oversteer

are the surfs generally bad for oversteer in 2 wheel drive, going round corners in slightly wet conditions i can easy get back wheels spinnin on me 92 2.4, but drivin on me way home i was goin round a long sweepin bend again slightly wet at a moderate speed of about 40 mph and back end swung way out scared the poor woman in lane next to me tryin to overtake me, it must of looked somethin like starsky and hutch snakin up the road lol. maybe an investment in an lsd is needed.

I have heard that the back end can be a bit light in the wet, although it will depend a lot on your tyres and their condition and pressure.

I have never had a problem, as mine is fitted with a LSD from the factory, and I have never been ble to spin my rear wheels under any conditions.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w-
      are the surfs generally bad for oversteer in 2 wheel drive, going round corners in slightly wet conditions i can easy get back wheels spinnin on me 92 2.4, but drivin on me way home i was goin round a long sweepin bend again slightly wet at a moderate speed of about 40 mph and back end swung way out scared the poor woman in lane next to me tryin to overtake me, it must of looked somethin like starsky and hutch snakin up the road lol. maybe an investment in an lsd is needed.
      Slow down around corners!
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w-
        if you have got the Jap tyres on it then get rid of them and get some decent tyres.I had the same thing on both my trucks but cured it with decent tyres.don't forget its not gonna corner like a normal car so take it steady in the wet
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
          I have heard that the back end can be a bit light in the wet, although it will depend a lot on your tyres and their condition and pressure.

I have never had a problem, as mine is fitted with a LSD from the factory, and I have never been ble to spin my rear wheels under any conditions.
          same here ive never known it to happen yet as ive also got ''lsd'' or is it ''sld'' on my truck i dont know aint good on remembering what it is

Comment

I had mine step out on me twice,

Once was leaving a roundabout thats a b!tch to find a clear moment to go, so gave it some juice...

second time was turning into my locals car park... just swung the back end out..

So it does happen an its mostly down to just too much power given the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
              same here ive never known it to happen yet as ive also got ''lsd'' or is it ''sld'' on my truck i dont know aint good on remembering what it is
              your truck don't go fast enough to need lsd or the rear end to slide out with the weight it has to carry

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                your truck don't go fast enough to need lsd or the rear end to slide out with the weight it has to carry
                oi cheeky git n besides i dont drive in the back so no weight in the back cheeky pup

Comment

Give it a wee while and you will start doing it on purpose going round corners.

It is one of the reasons I like the surf you can drive it calmly like the powerful vehicle it is or you can thrash it round corners and spin it in carpark and scare all the neds and boy racers that you might hit/scratch there toy cars.

Just take your time and you will learn how far you can push it before it slides
                  www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

thanks for reply's, i think the tyre suggestion is a sensible one, id just fiited a prop uj and got rid of a horrible vibration and think i must of got carried away with the right foot on a wet road with cheap tyres and dont know if it would make a difference i had a full tank of juice.

Comment

i actually managed to wheel spin my 33 mt's today on the road,not on purpose tho but they did make a hell of a noise tho.Without the arbs on the truck just leans beautiful round corners and roundabouts but i know how far to push the truck tho.It must look scarey to people behind tho when the truck leans right over tho

Comment

Cr@ppy old tyres, or muds are generally bad. There's a junction near me where my back end snakes around as a matter of course. Learn to controlo it and enjoy scaring other road users,

Or get yourself a Micra, you girl!

Oh, and thats WITH an LSD.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Without the arbs on the truck just leans beautiful round corners and roundabouts but i know how far to push the truck tho.It must look scarey to people behind tho when the truck leans right over tho
                          Have to agree Richard n my missus even gets Sea-sick !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                            Have to agree Richard n my missus even gets Sea-sick !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                            those wheels and tyres ok then Jess

Comment

Without the arbs on the truck just leans beautiful round corners and roundabouts but i know how far to push the truck tho.It must look scarey to people behind tho when the truck leans right over tho
                              Great fun isn't it.....HUGE lean

Gets even better if you can get the back hanging out at the same time, scares the $$$$ out of other drivers
                              My other cars a QUAD
                              (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                              http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Working...
                              X