What a plonka...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a plonka...

I've been hanging doors all day today, all was going swimmingly, until i came to hang the last one. I planed it, chopped hinges in, and offered it up to the frame and put the first screw in the top hinge. Foolishly i had put my cordless on the floor behind me. Not a problem me thinks, so without thinking i let go of the door, turned round, picked up the cordless and turned back.......WALLOP........ the 1/2hr fire door smacked me square on the forehead and ended up pinning me to the adjacent wall. Now for my stupidity, i have a lovely bruised line from my eyebrow upwards, and a headache. So i'm going for a lie down and a nurofen.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

ooh a 1/2 hour door,nice and light then !!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
      I've been hanging doors all day today, all was going swimmingly, until i came to hang the last one. I planed it, chopped hinges in, and offered it up to the frame and put the first screw in the top hinge. Foolishly i had put my cordless on the floor behind me. Not a problem me thinks, so without thinking i let go of the door, turned round, picked up the cordless and turned back.......WALLOP........ the 1/2hr fire door smacked me square on the forehead and ended up pinning me to the adjacent wall. Now for my stupidity, i have a lovely bruised line from my eyebrow upwards, and a headache. So i'm going for a lie down and a nurofen.

Har har!!

Thats roughly the same amount sympathy you would get from fellow chippies on site anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Har har!!

Thats roughly the same amount sympathy you would get from fellow chippies on site anyway.
        Not at all there was no "har har" just three grown men on the floor crying..

with laughter

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
          ooh a 1/2 hour door,nice and light then !!
          And you can take that daft grin off yer face too!

Comment

And you can take that daft grin off yer face too!
            thowwy
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

thowwy
              Not at all thir, i thould be apologithing, i didn't wealithe you're not gwinning, you've had more plathtic thurgery!

Comment

Did it really hurt when it hit you 'FLUSH' on the nut or did it leave a 'BLANK' expresion on your face?

Comment

Originally posted by mick p
                  Did it really hurt when it hit you 'FLUSH' on the nut or did it leave a 'BLANK' expresion on your face?
                  perhaps he had been FRAMED but of course that all HINGES on whether or not he en..DOORS..es that sort of thing.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

IOTW?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

[quote=andy62]IOTW?[/quote

IOTD (DECADE)
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

perhaps he had been FRAMED but of course that all HINGES on whether or not he en..DOORS..es that sort of thing.

Very, very poor!!

Comment

I used to do insulation on the sites years ago. One Friday, a load of 714 joiners were being laid off, but the site manager stupidly told them in the morning.

Every door they hung that day had a working handle, latch and the stops in the right place, but they were all hung from the top, like cat flaps...
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
                            I used to do insulation on the sites years ago. One Friday, a load of 714 joiners were beilg laid off, but the site manager stupidly told them in the morning.

Every door they hung that day had a working handle, latch and the stops in the right place, but they were all hung from the top, like cat flaps...

Excellent!

I would have fitted the latches and striker plates but not drilled the holes for the handles, then closed the doors as well.

Comment

Thats just nasty........... Brilliant but nasty. Should have hung em on the wrong side opening the wrong way.

Comment

Working...
                              X