Would Love Some Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Love Some Feedback

Hi guys, I have had my Surf up for sale on the Forum for a few weeks now, plenty have looked ,but not heard a peep from anyone.... Its the BLACK 2.4 TD SSR-X posted 23rd October.Any feedback would be appreciated as i would hate to have to part ex her as i would like her to go to a good home.

i may be wrong but in your description it says a 1993 2.4 but i thought the 93's ended on a k reg and not a L reg
    all the same its a nice looking truck tho and i'm surprised it hasn't gone yet
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thing is though, for that price, you can get a 3.0 with a shed load of more power.

i paid £2240 for my burgandy one, 123,000km head done, cam belt just done, recarro seats no rips or tears, stereo, contribution on cab fair getting there, bull bars, ... and for 2.4s my truck with all the stuff i have done to it, i wouldnt expect to get over 2k for it now..

am i right on this people?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

whats privacy glass?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Privacy glass is posh speak for tinted windows!

I think k reg was August 1992 to July 1993 and L reg August 1993 to July 1994
          Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
            thing is though, for that price, you can get a 3.0 with a shed load of more power.

i paid £2240 for my burgandy one, 123,000km head done, cam belt just done, recarro seats no rips or tears, stereo, contribution on cab fair getting there, bull bars, ... and for 2.4s my truck with all the stuff i have done to it, i wouldnt expect to get over 2k for it now..

am i right on this people?

You're right, and for £350 more you can get this;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-Toyota-La...QQcmdZViewItem
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I agree with the above. You will get no more than £2,000 for it simply because it's a 2.4. If I were you, I'd see what a dealer might part exchange it for - some may pay more than £2k because it's a good colour, in good condition with a spoiler and an uninformed buyer might be willing to pay a lot for it sat on a forecourt shining away.

Comment

It looks nice enough, but as others have said, it’s only a 2.4

I bought my top spec SSR-G for 2k and it comes with considerably more power than a diesel motor
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                  It looks nice enough, but as others have said, it’s only a 2.4

I bought my top spec SSR-G for 2k and it comes with considerably more power than a diesel motor

Yeah, but hardly any one wants a V6 surf, plus they have to be as bas as the 2.4 on head gaskets!!

Craig, Regards to price all depends on location mate, It looks like a nice tidy truck!

god gawds sake dont even contemplate Ebay!!

2.4s are still worth a good chunk of dough round here an the 3.0ltrs are even crazier on price!

do loads of research on Autotrader, about 60 miles from your location, an see where your truck fits in nicely,

Comment

i bought my truck off ebay. i see it advertised, contacted seller, haggled a tiny bit, then bought a train ticket and went from london down to cornwall where there was still snow!...
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i bought my truck off ebay. i see it advertised, contacted seller, haggled a tiny bit, then bought a train ticket and went from london down to cornwall where there was still snow!...

I pretty much did the same thing, Found a truck that didnt sell (didnt meet reserve) sent them an email ... spoke to them on the phone, before i could say anything i got a "we are willing to accept £xxxx"

i went to maidstone.... gave the guy the cash.... an via a services for a curry! came home... no majour problems since!

*other then its ability to rape my wallet!*

Comment

whats privacy glass?

Bathroom window.

Comment

I thought Javars was in Bristol!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            I thought Javars was in Bristol!
                            no! further than bristol as i found out when i was trying to find the m5!
                            i was gonna go to cardiff to see some old work mates and show it off but i promised i would be back to work in the afternoon..
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                              i may be wrong but in your description it says a 1993 2.4 but i thought the 93's ended on a k reg and not a L reg
                              all the same its a nice looking truck tho and i'm surprised it hasn't gone yet
                              I just bought a 2.4 on a L plate . Also black/silver .
                              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                              X