No announcement yet.

Nice Land Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy that quoted 18 MPG ran a diesel. They have got 1/2 tonne of kit on there though, with a 2ft high wind buffer roof rack.
    Wax on, wax off

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
      The guy that quoted 18 MPG ran a diesel. They have got 1/2 tonne of kit on there though, with a 2ft high wind buffer roof rack.
      The roof rack will deffo drop the mpg, but the weight probably won't do much, and the lead foot won't help.

I get 30 mpg outta my surf on a motorway run at a steady 60mph, but only 18-33 round town with my fairly heavy foot, so no reason you shouldn't get somewhere near that with a cruiser.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        The roof rack will deffo drop the mpg, but the weight probably won't do much, and the lead foot won't help.

I get 30 mpg outta my surf on a motorway run at a steady 60mph, but only 18-33 round town with my fairly heavy foot, so no reason you shouldn't get somewhere near that with a cruiser.

The six cylinder diesel engine has bags of torque, so there's far less effort involved (compared to the 2.4 Surf for example) to get the weight of the 'Cruiser moving, so the MPG should be about the same as the Surf's too!

Comment

From what I've heard the gearing on the Jap LCs is $$$$ and they do only return 18-20mpg. The Brit LCs have higher gearing and so return much better mpgs.

I really fancy an LC, especially that particular one. Like the look of them a lot (it's a grown-up Surf )
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
            From what I've heard the gearing on the Jap LCs is $$$$ and they do only return 18-20mpg. The Brit LCs have higher gearing and so return much better mpgs.

I really fancy an LC, especially that particular one. Like the look of them a lot (it's a grown-up Surf )
            Aye, it's a beauty, and the last model that I like the shape of ( apart from the Oz ones) and yes the surf is a scaled down version, which is what attracted me to it, wish I'd got the 3.0 though, but I didn't do my resurch, just bought it on a whim......Doh!

Oh, the lower gearing will be offset when you fit the 35" tyres
            Rob

Comment

Aye, it's a beauty, and the last model that I like the shape of ( apart from the Oz ones) and yes the surf is a scaled down version, which is what attracted me to it, wish I'd got the 3.0 though, but I didn't do my resurch, just bought it on a whim......Doh!

Oh, the lower gearing will be offset when you fit the 35" tyres

Would you like me to describe how lovely it is after we've been to test drive it in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Would you like me to describe how lovely it is after we've been to test drive it in the morning?
                Shhh, quite Vince, its meant to be a surprise!
                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

In a word......................YES!
                  Rob

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                    Shhh, quite Vince, its meant to be a surprise!

Hardly, you let the 'cat out of the bag' on page one!

Comment

Hardly, you let the 'cat out of the bag' on page one!

Just don't let the cat get into the Land Cruiser!
                      Rob

Comment

Just don't let the cat get into the Land Cruiser!
                        Or at least if you do...

...make sure you let it out before it sticks to the seat and starts to smell
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

my Dads LC (UK model) has slightly worse mpg than my surf around town although its better on a run than the Surf. The LC does about 3000rpm at 90mph and the surf is doing 65-70mph at those revs!
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                          X