France trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France trip.

Hey, hows the plans for the France trip in May going??
    Last i heard, The Lovely Boyo was sorting things out.
    hehehe.

If you wanna sail from Poole, I can ask around for a group discount
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

oh yer im up for this. keep me updated if i dont get a chance to get on here!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I think it was discussed that it would be best to go for a week, due to the distance of travel for most, but would make a nice spring/early summer break, camping in the wilds of France.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

if i went which i dont think id be able to i would need someone to be with me if i bought something as i dont understand their money. i went to deippe once when you could go on a green card for the day never again i got conned i bought something in the towns market n was expecting change guy said no change money correct, to find out when i went in what they call cafe' n ordered a coffee i gave the guy the same money for what was on the sign or so i thought he then brought me the change i said i gave you the right money being honest n he said no lad you have change, good job he was a english owner so i told him bout the same sign in market n he went back to the stall n got my change back plus a bonus of another item free, he said he was really p'd off with some of the french when someone like me didnt understand the money n then get ripped off. so he gave me a few more coffee's before i went to catch the ferry back

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
            if i went which i dont think id be able to i would need someone to be with me if i bought something as i dont understand their money. i went to deippe once when you could go on a green card for the day never again i got conned i bought something in the towns market n was expecting change guy said no change money correct, to find out when i went in what they call cafe' n ordered a coffee i gave the guy the same money for what was on the sign or so i thought he then brought me the change i said i gave you the right money being honest n he said no lad you have change, good job he was a english owner so i told him bout the same sign in market n he went back to the stall n got my change back plus a bonus of another item free, he said he was really p'd off with some of the french when someone like me didnt understand the money n then get ripped off. so he gave me a few more coffee's before i went to catch the ferry back
            The "new" money ie the euro, is worth about 70p, so 2 euro's = £1.40 and so on, it's fairly staright forward.

I was lucky when I was there, as £1=10 francs, so easy to calculate.

If you have a bank debit ( visa/master card etc) it's just as easy as paying over here, but some small change is required for bit's and pieces, but even the bars/cafe's take visa for anything over £5.
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
              The "new" money ie the euro, is worth about 70p, so 2 euro's = £1.40 and so on, it's fairly staright forward.

If you have a bank debit ( visa/master card etc) it's just as easy as paying over here, but some small change is required for bit's and pieces, but even the bars/cafe's take visa for anything over £5.
              easy for some though m8 i still wouldnt be able to grasp it i aint good on much n that scare the cr'p outta me

Comment

easy for some though m8 i still wouldnt be able to grasp it i aint good on much n that scare the cr'p outta me
                All you gotta worry about is fueling the surf and buying some beer, as they'll be a bunch of us, and some can speak enough French to get by, and if we're camping, then we,ll just chuck some money in the pot and a couple of us will go shopping every other day when we get near a town.
                Rob

Comment

All you gotta worry about is fueling the surf and buying some beer, as they'll be a bunch of us, and some can speak enough French to get by, and if we're camping, then we,ll just chuck some money in the pot and a couple of us will go shopping every other day when we get near a town.
                  that sounds better m8 i will see what i can save to go then if wifey lets me

Comment

It's not gonna be till may/june, so just buy 3 lites of veg oil on yer weekly shop, and store it in the back yard, by then you should have 75 litres which at 50/50 deisel is 3 tanks full, then all you need is food and beer money.
                    Rob

Comment

It's not gonna be till may/june, so just buy 3 lites of veg oil on yer weekly shop, and store it in the back yard, by then you should have 75 litres which at 50/50 deisel is 3 tanks full, then all you need is food and beer money.
                      good idea m8 will have to send off for passport now then wifey says she might let me if i work enough over time for her

Comment

good idea m8 will have to send off for passport now then wifey says she might let me if i work enough over time for her
                        Better get your passport application in now, as I think it can take up to 4 months, and mine runs out next year, so I'd better check the date, and get meself organised.
                        Rob

Comment

I'll ask my mate to come along, he's a teacher of French so that may prove useful. Doh! just remembered, I don't have a passport
                          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

We'll also have to comply with there road laws too, ie; carry all documentation for vehicle, carry driving license, waring triangle, spare bulb pack, etc. etc.
                            Rob

Comment

as long as we stay well away from anywhere near nice or monaco etc.
                              a pint of guiness is 10euros, so two pints is £14!!!!

when we were in the mountains, it was good off road up the side of mont blanc. we got as high as like the 3rd set of ski lifts we came to, but fuel light was on for ages so we came back down.. then went out when we got on level ground we stayed in les houches which is in between the two mountain peaks (google map it!) and about 15 min drive to the driving range was good hitting some balls down the green with the big peaks either side, and light drizzle rain, with clouds covering the peaks, and the odd cloud half way between..
                              it was funny because i pretty much parked right behind where they hit the balls from and i wasnt supposed to. no one said anything but i thought thats what the french woman said.lol
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X