The Shed passes 250,000km's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shed passes 250,000km's

My tatty old shed passed its 250,000km milestone this morning. Ahh, there's lovely.

Would have got there earlier if wasn't for the 200km RAC recovery from North Wales LMAO.

Another member of the 'A' team

i cant find a smiley ,clapping hands,so will drink my current cuppa in honour of the shed !
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

You'll have to have a little celebration then, crack open a bottle of bubbly with your good lady
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

congrats on going over the 250,000 barrier

Comment

Fancy being in Toyota Magazine and helping the TOC forum out at the same time? For the next issue of the magazine, we are looking for 'high mileage' drivers with more than 175,000/200,000 miles on the clock. Does that sound like you? Or someone you know?

If it does, email jessica@sundaypublishing.com and tell me all about you and your Toyota and you might be shortlisted to feature in the mag, where we will also include a link to the TOC, hopefully finding you lots of new members!!!

To your keyboards!

Jessica

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
            Fancy being in Toyota Magazine and helping the TOC forum out at the same time? For the next issue of the magazine, we are looking for 'high mileage' drivers with more than 175,000/200,000 miles on the clock. Does that sound like you? Or someone you know?

If it does, email jessica@sundaypublishing.com and tell me all about you and your Toyota and you might be shortlisted to feature in the mag, where we will also include a link to the TOC, hopefully finding you lots of new members!!!

To your keyboards!

Jessica
            Hi Jess,

Would love to help but 250,000kms = @165,000 miles - so sadly just short of your requirement.

Call me back in another 4 months, I would have done another 10,000 miles by then.

Latest shot of my Shed

Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 22 November 2007, 17:17.

Comment

Aha, Snap. I'm just coming up to 165,000miles . It's done 95,000 in the 3 and a bit years I've had it

Comment

280000 Kms

Ive done 280000 k's in my current hilux work ute and she's never missed a beat (touch wood).

Here's a photo of the hilux in its current form minus a snorkel & a few peices.

My old 82 hilux ute had 390000 + k's on the clock before it become one with a crusher.
                Last edited by hilux2.8; 8 February 2008, 10:16.
                Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Nice ute Matt, nice spec too.

I checked out the oz toyota site - love the troop carrier version you've got available with the 4.5TD V8

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70-series

Looks like I gotta way to go to catch up with your old truck then!

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8
                    Ive done 280000 k's in my current hilux work ute and she's never missed a beat (touch wood).

Here's a photo of the hilux in its current form minus a snorkel & a few peices.

My old 82 hilux ute had 390000 + k's on the clock before it become one with a crusher.

Looks like the ute's do about 20mpg, what's the cost of diesel fuel over there Matt??
                    Rob

Comment

Cheers Mate.
                      The troopies are great vehicles for aus. The new generation have got the grunt to match the weight. Ideal for travelling the outback. Handle a bit like a giraffe though.

Have you seen the new 200 series cruiser yet. My work are ordering some wagon's then getting them engineered into dual cab utes. Apparentley they have some trick new suspension fitted which allows you to drive on slopes upto 20 degrees whilst the vehicle stays horizontal. Kinetic or hydraulic suspension. Toyota bought the patent from a bloke in perth western australia for a handsome amount of cash.

Diesel price varies in Oz due to distance and state taxes etc but the price in major cities is from $1.25 to $1.50 per litre. Whilst in the far remote regions its what ever the bloke wants to charge you (Where else you going to go).
                      Farmers, primary producers, fisherman etc get there diesel 38cents cheaper due to them not having to pay the road tax, so it often pays to have a farmer as a mate.

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8
                        Diesel price varies in Oz due to distance and state taxes etc but the price in major cities is from $1.25 to $1.50 per litre. Whilst in the far remote regions its what ever the bloke wants to charge you (Where else you going to go).
                        Farmers, primary producers, fisherman etc get there diesel 38cents cheaper due to them not having to pay the road tax, so it often pays to have a farmer as a mate.
                        That's about half the price of diesel here, but will depend on wages a to whether it's a good deal or not, and here of course we don't do the distances you do, as our population is very dense ( unfortunately)
                        Rob

Comment

They reckon australia is the 4th cheapest place in the world for fuel. Our wages are pretty good at the moment with the mining boom cash is a plenty.

Petrol is 10 to 20 cents cheaper per litre over diesel.

If your really smart you run your vehicle on LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas) which is between 45 to 70 cents per litre. Once again depends on where you live

The best thing about gas is the government pays for your LPG conversion (No Bull Sh"t) which is about $3000. Petrol engines will run on 100% LPG whilst diesel's run on 50/50 mix

What's the price in uk for diesel and fuel per litre

Here's a picture of that new hydra kinetic suspension
                          Last edited by hilux2.8; 8 February 2008, 10:16.

Comment

Working...
                          X