Clear All

also this might help too

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...ringsfront.htm

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK
      20 quid i pay for that but its not from toyota
      its off one of my asian freinds

Type 4 ATF??

It's usually 9 quid per litre to 'joe public'.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Type 4 ATF??

It's usually 9 quid per litre to 'joe public'.
        i dont know what type it is i will check

its m2c 33f
        it dont say nothing about type its the same spec i used it for years
        i was misstaken it is 40 quid for 20 litre's (same grade toyota tryed to sell me)
        2 quid a litre
        i use a lot of this stuff i got a leek from the displacer (maybe wrong spelling)
        Last edited by JUDWAK; 21 November 2007, 20:51.
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
          just out of knewing
          piture 7 on your link the (quote SPLINE) should i be able to wobble that at all

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK
            just out of knewing
            piture 7 on your link the (quote SPLINE) should i be able to wobble that at all
            Seems like there should be some play in the fit of the bush to shaft.

The new bronze bushes I had today off Roughtrax were the same size as the ones I thought had worn out.

So I have totally cleaned and polished everything and reassembled with the old bushes. I fitted new wheel bearings last week.

I used lots of grease - you'll be amazed how much goes in there.

The rumbling noise has gone, tried it up to 60mph on the motorway.

If the hub survives this weekends off roading, I will be sending the new bushes back to Roughtrax.

EDIT - by the way, between the shaft and bushes was full of crud from spending too much time in Strata Florida methinks. It now full of grease.
            Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 21 November 2007, 22:20.
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

sounds like a result andrew
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo

The new bronze bushes I had today off Roughtrax were the same size as the ones I thought had worn out.

So I have totally cleaned and polished everything and reassembled with the old bushes. I fitted new wheel bearings last week.

If the hub survives this weekends off roading, I will be sending the new bushes back to Roughtrax.

EDIT - by the way, between the shaft and bushes was full of crud from spending too much time in Strata Florida methinks. It now full of grease.
                mine draged the spring from the seal into the bushes .........Just shy of a ton for the seals and bushes from toyota
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                  mine draged the spring from the seal into the bushes .........Just shy of a ton for the seals and bushes from toyota
                  OUCH!

Thats gonna cause some damage
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo

sounds good hope mine are the same is there a bearing grease like there is for the cv or will any do?

Comment

well thanks to you guys i fixed my surf its sounds sweet now i heard nothing from her at all just used a lot of grease

thanks guys you realy help alot

Comment

Working...
                      X