How the feck??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the feck??

And these to55ers are in charge of all our personal data???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7103566.stm

My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Yeah, recording a couple of CDs full of bank details and sticking them in the regular post.

What could possibly go wrong?

I used to handle classified info in my last job, I would have been imprisoned for something like that!!!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Surely the people responsible are in breach of the official secrets act, and should be prosecuted acordingly, and secondly, WHY did they entrust this sensitive information to TNT, a firm of couriers who have been known to lose the odd package

This really is unbelievable, and shows just how inept this government and it's civil servants really are.

The whole lot of them should resign, and call a general election immediately.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

dam i could be 1 of the 25million thats all i need heads should roll for this

Comment

Just think of the feck up they'll be able to make with the ID cards
          My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob

This really is unbelievable, and shows just how inept this government and it's civil servants really are.

The whole lot of them should resign, and call a general election immediately.
            The civil servants stay in post only the top dogs get shuffled with a Gov change so differant day same bull is all we have to look forward to the Gold Coast gets more attractive every day
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
              dam i could be 1 of the 25million thats all i need heads should roll for this
              keep an eye on your accounts wont you.
              better still, take all your money out the bank, and store it 6ft deep under your house in a safe

this country is a joke
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                keep an eye on your accounts wont you.
                better still, take all your money out the bank, and store it 6ft deep under your house in a safe

this country is a joke
                dont have alot of money anyway but would hate my bills not being paid or go get money for shopping etc to find none there. what a time of year for it to go missing with xmas round corner

Comment

sent to the NAO, by HMRC's internal post system operated by the courier TNT
                  this will be TNT managed services
                  not the TNT who collect and deliver to all businesses, but a dedicated contract for all the internal mail... pretty normal for big companies and govenment departments to contact out all their mail (internal and external)

even the police use contactors for internal mail... I used to deliver all the Police helicopter tapes from RAF benson to the Thames valley police headquaters in Kidlington and all internal mail including sealed evidence between all police stations and the CPS
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I all boils down to one thing,............MONEY!

The TNT drivers get about £6 an hour, so let's face it, for £6/hr would you be that conciensious??

The police only get between £20k and £25k for putting their lives on the line and having to deal with the real scum of the earth every working day, again, let's face it, that is c r a p money, when a bricky/chippy can earn the same or more.

I'm surprised anyone wants to do it.
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

OK, not trying to make any excuses for this monumental cock-up, but the guys and girls who created and posted the discs are just ordinary people like you and me. We may have some idealised image that people doing this kind of job are (or should be) some kind of higher beings, but they're just every day folks earning a (none too great) wage. My job often involves handling similar information but for the DWP (I'm an ex civil servant who was sold off to the lowest bidder). We work hard to do things right, and thankfully we've not made any such mistakes, but it's easy to see how it could happen.

Again, not trying to make excuses.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                        OK, not trying to make any excuses for this monumental cock-up, but the guys and girls who created and posted the discs are just ordinary people like you and me. We may have some idealised image that people doing this kind of job are (or should be) some kind of higher beings, but they're just every day folks earning a (none too great) wage. My job often involves handling similar information but for the DWP (I'm an ex civil servant who was sold off to the lowest bidder). We work hard to do things right, and thankfully we've not made any such mistakes, but it's easy to see how it could happen.

Again, not trying to make excuses.
                        I don't think there are that many 'ordinary people' stupid enough to
                        a. post that sort of information without any security
                        b. not say anything when it doesn't arrive for 4 days.
                        c. still have access to that sort of information without management being alerted to what they are doing.
                        I hope whoever is responsible for this is prosecuted, as this is way passed anything any reasonable person would do. It's either gross stupidity, gross dereliction of duty or criminal.
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No one will be disciplined or prosecuted for this because it's a gov department!

If it had been any "private" campany, by now the police, dataprotection people, banks etc would be up in arms and the company would be under investigation, staff sacked and possibly shut down!

All that will happen will be some poor junior member of staff will be moved to a different department and "training issues" will be dealt with!
                          My other cars a QUAD

Comment

The CD's have been found.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290184203092

Looks like ebay have pulled the ad.
                            Last edited by andy; 21 November 2007, 17:18.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                              My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Working...
                              X