Toyota Breakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Breakers?

Ok this is getting a drag now... My temp fix on the surf rear window died today

I have tried Hove Car Spares, and they don't do toyota They gave me the number for Motorama in Newhaven, who told me on the phone they haven't got any window motors in for any of the cars with compatible motors.

So where can I go in Sussex for a Toyota breakers?

Adam

Originally posted by adm_sx
    Ok this is getting a drag now... My temp fix on the surf rear window died today

I have tried Hove Car Spares, and they don't do toyota They gave me the number for Motorama in Newhaven, who told me on the phone they haven't got any window motors in for any of the cars with compatible motors.

So where can I go in Sussex for a Toyota breakers?

Adam
    Any one of these will do
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem

This is cheap because he doesn't know its the same as a rear motor
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem
    Brian

Comment

Try Martin Bradshaw 07703559621 or 01748818423 He's not in Sussex but he sends all my spares through the post. He has allways had what i need and fast delivery too.
      Steve
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Cheers guys

I have just found Bridges in Peas pottage via the web, really helpfull over the phone can go and collect today

Failing that it may have to be Flea bay which i cant stand

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adm_sx
          Cheers guys

I have just found Bridges in Peas pottage via the web, really helpfull over the phone can go and collect today

Failing that it may have to be Flea bay which i cant stand

Adam
          Hi Adam,
          Do you have the details for them. My daughter lives just by Pease Pottage and having a supplier near her would be useful.

Ken

Scrub that, just found them!
          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Bridges Brighton Rd Pease Pottage,

They are pretty well stocked with all sorts no surfs though!!! I did find a corrola with electric window motor, stripped the door card and membrane, But the final drive was different on the motor with a different moulding around the drive. So I stripped the motor and removed the rubber shock and circlip, guessing that they wouldn't re-invent every componant.

I took this to the checkout and paid all of £5 for the shock, (and that was only because they would not be able to sell a complete motor assembally.)
            bargain considering the cost of the replacement motor from Toyota.

I already had the door card and metal guard removed from from the tail gate of the surf, so I forced the window down by hand, removed the metal cover on the existing motor (after moving the two wires covering it) popped out the faulty shock, replaced it with the new(er) one and slid the circlip in place pop the motor cover back on, replace the membrane, metal guard, and door card and test Bob turned out to be my fathers brother, and I had a successful fix

And I didn't have to use my hammer?!

Cheers

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
              £62 and reserve not met? thats not cheap bro.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
              X