yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i just bought 2.4ssr-x td ! any tips ? ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just bought 2.4ssr-x td ! any tips ? ? ?

hi there everyone ! i've taken the plunge and feel very happy about it ! any advice from you experts with regard what i should be looking out for would be much appreciated ! the truck starts fine on the key from a cold start and feels sturdy to drive ! i'm planning to do the lot ! ie cam belt and full service ! 1 thing ! i have no interior lights or stereo and am hoping its just a fuse ! ANY advice on what to look out for would be much appreciated as i've fallen in love and dont want to get HURT !!!
    i've read over the forum and MUST say .....WELL DONE ! a great source of info THANX !
    i'll come clean at this point and tell you my last love was a scirocco(vw) that ended up with a gas flow and ported head,fast road cam,webber twin 40's ect ect.....i have now matured !lol
    ANY ADVICE will be taken on board and thoroughly administered !
    fatboy 33 (i'm not fat and i aint 33)
    " loving my surf "

hi fatboy 33 and welcome
    good maintainence is dead important.regular oil/filter changes will keep your enine running swettly.keep an eye on (and possibly do a service on)the cooling system.i changed my thermostat/rad cap recently and changed the coolant(make sure you "burp" the system).dont know if you are aware but dont use 4wd on a dry road,as we have no centre diffs on these and axle wind up is a possibility.any electrical issues are probably covered in the tech sections,if you have a specific issue ,post a query in the relevant tech section and someone will undoubtedly be along to answer your question

happy surfing mate

just noticed my avatar has gone all funny
    Last edited by gwh200; 19 November 2007, 08:43. Reason: my avatar
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi there, cooling system is very prone on these. If its running fine now, itll be ok, IF.... and i mean IF you maintain the cooling system, i.e, use a good quality ready mixed coolant and do a flush and change. Be very careful when getting air out of the system as it is quite hard to burp, and airlocks can crack your head, so burp it properly, change cap and thermostat every 6 month - a year.

If it leaks water, NEVER use radweld, itll block the rad and crack the head , if your rad looks in bad nick itll be a good idea to look at a purchase of a new one and keep as a spare, roughtrax do a good'n.

Oil change every 4k MILES,15-40w is what i use, and keep close eye on tranny fluid if its an automatic, if its burnt change it by the methods found on this site through search facility.

Always grease your grease nipples every 3 months, all along the prop and the ball joints.

Change the diff oils periodically too, inc transfer case and front ADD, thisll ensure better mpg and long life.

So as long as your prepd to do some servicing itll last forever!!!!!

Enjoy, and visit here regularly as the help youll recieve is unsurpassed

Cheers
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy33
        hi there everyone ! i've taken the plunge and feel very happy about it ! any advice from you experts with regard what i should be looking out for would be much appreciated ! the truck starts fine on the key from a cold start and feels sturdy to drive ! i'm planning to do the lot ! ie cam belt and full service ! 1 thing ! i have no interior lights or stereo and am hoping its just a fuse ! ANY advice on what to look out for would be much appreciated as i've fallen in love and dont want to get HURT !!!
        i've read over the forum and MUST say .....WELL DONE ! a great source of info THANX !
        i'll come clean at this point and tell you my last love was a scirocco(vw) that ended up with a gas flow and ported head,fast road cam,webber twin 40's ect ect.....i have now matured !lol
        ANY ADVICE will be taken on board and thoroughly administered !
        fatboy 33 (i'm not fat and i aint 33)
        Drive it .... if you need help just use the search and then post if you cannot find an answer.... do the routine maintance....don't get paranoid reading problem posts here....most of all enjoy it

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
          Hi there, cooling system is very prone on these. If its running fine now, itll be ok, IF.... and i mean IF you maintain the cooling system, i.e, use a good quality ready mixed coolant and do a flush and change. Be very careful when getting air out of the system as it is quite hard to burp, and airlocks can crack your head, so burp it properly, change cap and thermostat every 6 month - a year.

If it leaks water, NEVER use radweld, itll block the rad and crack the head , if your rad looks in bad nick itll be a good idea to look at a purchase of a new one and keep as a spare, roughtrax do a good'n.

Oil change every 4k MILES,15-40w is what i use, and keep close eye on tranny fluid if its an automatic, if its burnt change it by the methods found on this site through search facility.

Always grease your grease nipples every 3 months, all along the prop and the ball joints.

Change the diff oils periodically too, inc transfer case and front ADD, thisll ensure better mpg and long life.

So as long as your prepd to do some servicing itll last forever!!!!!

Enjoy, and visit here regularly as the help youll recieve is unsurpassed

Cheers
          as above i have had my 2.4 for over 2 years and i use and abuse it without anything major braking so enjoy your truck because it will take almost anything you throw at it.
          cheers shaun
          NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

welcome to the forums

i too once had the love of a scirocco(vw) scorpon engine lovery car

the surf will be better than that tho but you must be used to feeding a greedy engine

your fuse panale is in the drivers foot well
            chase's are that it will be a fuse

(spelling bad)
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

hey big thanks all ! i'm on my way ! ! !
              i'll be dropping in the forum daily cos i'm like that !
              ANY club meets ? ? ?
              once again ! thanks for sharing all this great info ! you gotta love internet forums ! ! !
              keep up the good work
              And extra big thanks to following members for welcoming me

gwh200
              the lang-shankit scunner
              mad campbell
              surfboy shaun
              judwak

thanks guys
              " loving my surf "

Comment

hey big thanks all ! i'm on my way ! ! !
                i'll be dropping in the forum daily cos i'm like that !
                ANY club meets ? ? ?
                once again ! thanks for sharing all this great info ! you gotta love internet forums ! ! !
                keep up the good work
                And extra big thanks to following members for welcoming me

gwh200
                the lang-shankit scunner
                mad campbell
                surfboy shaun
                judwak

thanks guys
                hi and welcome, for club meets check out the off road section. There's usually a trip advertised in there now and again. Or there are some social meets that get put up. Fuse boxes are found on the driver's side in the engine bay and in a little cubby hole in the drivers footwell in the cab, not sure where the fuse is for radio, or interior lights. Don't have my workshop manual to hand
                Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

where in devon are you because there is a pay and play place at trago mills newton abbot i was thinking of going one day so if you are not far away you might consider going.
                  cheers shaun

Comment

if your up for some off roading then join us on the 2nd december down here for a day out.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hi rich
                      if you would like to go to richards(stormforce) off roading day in dec we could meet up at a convenient place on the way down.
                      cheers shaun

Comment

keep one eye on that temp gauge, make sure you dont loose water, and inspect the rad for pin holes and get them fixed or new rad. keep oil topped up and changed every 5000km, wait for the beep before starting if its lumpy, use veg oil, ... welcome
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

thanks for the offers guys ! newton abbot aint too far ! ! !

thanks for making me welcome ! ! ! i love me truck ! ! !
                          " loving my surf "

Comment

thanks for the offers guys ! newton abbot aint too far ! ! !

thanks for making me welcome ! ! ! i love me truck ! ! !
                            its the best thing i have bought! and friends/ family say so as well.
                            the strangest thing is when women say what a nice car it is !!
                            (they are most likely mental or something) lol
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                            X