newbie needs advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie needs advice

Hi everyone,I am hoping to purchase a 93 (L) 3.0 Ltr next week,never having owned one before need any tips on things to look out for that might be a problem, any advice will be advantagious as I am a complete novice where Surfs are concerned.Thanks.
    I swear to drunk I`m not God.

Originally posted by daithediver
    Hi everyone,I am hoping to purchase a 93 (L) 3.0 Ltr next week,never having owned one before need any tips on things to look out for that might be a problem, any advice will be advantagious as I am a complete novice where Surfs are concerned.Thanks.

Hello and welcome!

Not too sure about anything specific to the 3.0L, other than the usual checks for wet stuff coming out of places it shouldn't and make sure there is metal where it should be, and not rust -

Have a chat to Pops and Sumo on here - Surf drivers and divers!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Do you live near the 'Noodle mines'? If so I could give the truck a look over (when you find one) if you like.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies,and offers of help,much appreciated.I have found most of my answers on www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm .
        Still finding my way around the forum,also computer illiterate.Let you know how I get on.If the noodle mines are near Port Talbot then it's a yes.
        I swear to drunk I`m not God.

Comment

Originally posted by daithediver
          Thanks for the quick replies,and offers of help,much appreciated.I have found most of my answers on www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm .
          Still finding my way around the forum,also computer illiterate.Let you know how I get on.If the noodle mines are near Port Talbot then it's a yes.

'Noodle mines' is in Crumlin or 'Grumlin' as they say on the TV ad. About an hour from Port Talbot, not quite near enough.

Comment

Welcome to the forum mate, have fun wont ya. I now nothing about surfs that will help you but i do now something mate and thats the black ones go better.

Comment

Working...
            X