Speaker wire and EF Interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker wire and EF Interference

I'm finally getting my house organised.....and today I'm wiring up my speakers, but I want to put the speaker wire and an electrical cable (that goes from the socket to a power bar in a cupboard) in the same trunking along the skirting board - is there likely to be any EF interference problems with running them all along the same trunking???

TIA
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Originally posted by MudSurfer
    I'm finally getting my house organised.....and today I'm wiring up my speakers, but I want to put the speaker wire and an electrical cable (that goes from the socket to a power bar in a cupboard) in the same trunking along the skirting board - is there likely to be any EF interference problems with running them all along the same trunking???

TIA
    not really sure but some new units i was told will let you as some dont pick up interference like the old speakers or stereo's did. or you could run speaker wire under the carpet so they both seperate
    Last edited by pirate-storm; 18 November 2007, 11:20.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
      not really sure but some new units i was told will let you as some dont pick up interference like the old speakers or stereo's did. or you could run speaker wire under the carpet so they both seperate

Cheers Will - I thought about putting it under the carpet, but can't be bothered moving everything - must be getting lazy in my old age...

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
        Cheers Will - I thought about putting it under the carpet, but can't be bothered moving everything - must be getting lazy in my old age...
        n dont forget m8 you get that cable thats flat like tape for your speakers etc so no bumps under carpet!!!!!

Comment

u wont get interferance with modern stuff

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
            n dont forget m8 you get that cable thats flat like tape for your speakers etc so no bumps under carpet!!!!!
            I've got the stuff that came with them, quite thick but flatter than normal wire.....big cable, tiny speakers.....

Comment

If its a decent stereo and the output impedance is low, it should be OK. It's hard to induce current into low impedances. So if you dont coil one around t'other, you should be OK.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                If its a decent stereo and the output impedance is low, it should be OK. It's hard to induce current into low impedances. So if you dont coil one around t'other, you should be OK.

Denon CD/Tuner going to Bose speakers.....

Comment

Working...
                X