Hazard lights/indicator prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazard lights/indicator prob

I know,wrong section but as allways lookin for a quick answer.

Just installed some front LED indicators on my almost completed winch bumper.

Problem is,using hazard lights they work fine,but using indicators they dont and make the others go faster

Any ideas folks????????????
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Originally posted by smiffy
    I know,wrong section but as allways lookin for a quick answer.

Just installed some front LED indicators on my almost completed winch bumper.

Problem is,using hazard lights they work fine,but using indicators they dont and make the others go faster

Any ideas folks????????????
    possible relay,mine does it every so often
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

They are drawing too little power, and your unit thinks you have a blown bulb. You need to get a resister in bothe circuits, or change your relay.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

It's to do with the way the relay works. The hazards will be on a different relay as they have to operate slightly differently by law. Even if a bulbs gone the hazards will still operate at the same speed.

Indicators if a bulb goes they will speed up, as the contacts in the flasher relay will make and break faster. As the LED indicators are only gonna be around 3 watts absolute max, and an indicator bulb is normally 21 watts, replacing the indicators with LED ones will have the same effect. There are two ways of curing it, either buy a new flasher unit matched to the LED bulbs, or fit a dummy load or resistor to compensate for the difference in current draw.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

cheap as chips

Comment

Originally posted by pete-w-
            They are the ones I use

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Yep those was the ones I got too.
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Cheers guys. Ended up just sticking big bulky ones(23w) on just now. Like the resistor idea though. I'll wait till i smash my bulky ones off first
                Wont take long!!!
                www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Working...
                X