99% of the way there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99% of the way there!

Right, Stuff turned up at 1ish today... got straight on to fitting as much as in as possible. about 5pm it was too cold an too dark to see what was going on, I felt it best to call it a day an get back to it tomorrow am.

Just gotta hook up power an do a test on it all before i put all the trim back!

got a picture of it all going in .

blimey,rod someones trashed yer truck mate,are you running a cap on those amps????how have you wired the speakers series or parrallel?.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Looking goog Rod! Hope you have a boot load cover to keep the prying eyes / thieving hands off your new goodies.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
        blimey,rod someones trashed yer truck mate,are you running a cap on those amps????how have you wired the speakers series or parrallel?.
        Hehehe, is that like putting a 'cap in yo ass'?
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

fingers crossed i remember where all the screws go when i put it back together. I got a nice collection off the old surf that never found a home!

I dont have a cap for the amps... would it be wise? or can i get away without one?

The speakers are wired series. Basically i messed up. I needed a headunit with a 3 channel output, got one with 2. So the rear section feeds the sub an the front goes to the speakers all wired up.... but ive flipped the wiring so L/R fade is actually front an back, Before the amps it soundest best slightly biased to the rear... didnt want to lose that, but its a 2 second job to change it.

Copycat - I have brackets for a load cover but no load cover.... might put one on the list...

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            fingers crossed i remember where all the screws go when i put it back together. I got a nice collection off the old surf that never found a home!

I dont have a cap for the amps... would it be wise? or can i get away without one?

The speakers are wired series. Basically i messed up. I needed a headunit with a 3 channel output, got one with 2. So the rear section feeds the sub an the front goes to the speakers all wired up.... but ive flipped the wiring so L/R fade is actually front an back, Before the amps it soundest best slightly biased to the rear... didnt want to lose that, but its a 2 second job to change it.

Copycat - I have brackets for a load cover but no load cover.... might put one on the list...
            depends on how much the amps draw from the charging system.do you mean a left and a right and a sub output???
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

depends on how much the amps draw from the charging system.do you mean a left and a right and a sub output???

Yeah, Its got 4 RCA's equaling 2 stereo channels, there listed as front an back but the manual says use the back channels for a subwoofer.

But obviously ive got 4 speakers that i wanted all amp'd up.

Not too sure on how much power the amps draw. Im sure it will be listed somewhere. What levels are safe? an what levels push it over the boundry into sucking my batteries dry?

Comment

Hmmmm, I'm the opposite mate, I have the load cover (over a year now) but no brackets!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                  Hmmmm, I'm the opposite mate, I have the load cover (over a year now) but no brackets!

Aint that always the way?!?

I'd offer you my brackets but then it leaves me with huge holes in my panels...

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat

Sell it to Rod, and you could buy a roller blind with a woodgrain effect pattern to match your new dash!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Sell it to Rod, and you could buy a roller blind with a woodgrain effect pattern to match your new dash!

but on a more serious note - i might be interested, price depenant...

But on a even more serious note copycat - DONT fit a roller blind with a woodgrain effect!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Blinding idea! Now why didn't I think of that?

Going to look for some nice biege shagpile carpet at the weekend, should compliment the wood!

Comment

Not too sure on how much power the amps draw. Im sure it will be listed somewhere. What levels are safe? an what levels push it over the boundry into sucking my batteries dry?

Might be worth a look

http://www.bcae1.com/images/swfs/sys...nassistant.swf

link goes to a system designer allowing you to put in your amp sizes and length of cable run and it will tell you what size cable and fuse - nice.

loads of other useful stuff on there, most of it over my head
                          Lifes a beach, so lets surf!

Comment

just one thing rod,not sure if u have had this prob,but i have,mounting amps upside down or standing up---if u have them wound up u run the risk of the solder comin off the internal connections inside,i had a zook jimny when they first came out and had 2 2000w amps mounted upside down and it happend to me!

Comment

You might wanna fix the seat backs a bit better than the stock press clips. Most trucks I've seen with big amps fixed have the backs of the seat peel off slowly over time.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X