yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i know this should be in the tech section.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know this should be in the tech section.

but im after some engine tech info for a 3y engine,basically the head bolt torque,valve lash settings,ignition timing setting,points gap.spark plug gap.anything ive missed?? im in the middle of building a head for the 1st gen as the valve stem seals have given up the ghost after the little escapade over the wkend.and while ive got the engine stripped down i might as well give it a good service.so can anyone help.
    www.overfab.uk

Originally posted by surfenstein
    but im after some engine tech info for a 3y engine,basically the head bolt torque,valve lash settings,ignition timing setting,points gap.spark plug gap.anything ive missed?? im in the middle of building a head for the 1st gen as the valve stem seals have given up the ghost after the little escapade over the wkend.and while ive got the engine stripped down i might as well give it a good service.so can anyone help.

I think Yotatech will have the answer, as they seem to have more petrol engined trucks over there.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      I think Yotatech will have the answer, as they seem to have more petrol engined trucks over there.
      you mean to tell me vince YOU dont have the info to hand.OMG.the world is coming to an end.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

You kept that quiet ........be have both suffered ......uj no 3 this year

This is bad i killed a first gen
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Look for the ln/rn/yn series info on the download site. There's some Y engine series info up there.

Comment

pray tell how this has not made ioty yet !!!!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hey Mark, any more news / pics of the Stein chop progress?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                pray tell how this has not made ioty yet !!!!
                I did say the water was deep
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

its ok i dont think it was the plain although the water didnt help.the engine has been smoky for a while now and drinking oil at the rate of a litre or so a week.so i think its the stem seals.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Hey Mark, any more news / pics of the Stein chop progress?
                    no not touched it since woodzie destroyed it.eheheheheheheehehe
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

its ok i dont think it was the plain although the water didnt help.the engine has been smoky for a while now and drinking oil at the rate of a litre or so a week.so i think its the stem seals.
                      i was a bit concerned that the poomobilwas using a litre or so a wek,but the oil filter had a defect and was not to tight in one spot.has not used any oil for a month now
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

no not touched it since woodzie destroyed it.eheheheheheheehehe
                        Need grinder..........weld grinder to bonnet

HA HA HA
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I have a 3Y engine book if you wanna borrow it.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            I have a 3Y engine book if you wanna borrow it.
                            ah nice one tony.but would you have the time to look up the info and post it on here or pm me kind sir.if not i can come up to you and get it if thats ok.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

If Tony dont get you the settings I will look for my manuals.
                              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                              X