Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Toy (Well I Deserve It!)

Fancied one of these for ages!

Decided to splash out some of the money I got for my birthday.

Can hardly wait for the postie now! Looks like a busy weekend next Saturday and Sunday, both front wheel bearings to do, a dashboard kit to fit and my new toy to install.

Roll on next weekend!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Slick, it looks like that thing does just about everything you could ever want in in-car entertainment, I'm confused though, where exactly does it dispense the latte and cream buns from?
    lol
    Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!!!

Comment

Tidy!

I've always wanted something like that too, 'cos my CD player is in the roof consol.

Can't wait to see how it fits in the double DIN space.

Is a surround supplied with it?

Comment

Just to warn you guys their shipping is blindingly FAST !!!

I ordered a screen from them on the Friday, I had it on the Monday morning - all the way from HK
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

And it's just bigger than the dash hole, so you will need some careful trimming, but yes they are loverly units (are you adding a rear camera?)

Oh another tip, if that is the model with the top mounted SD/USB inputs use some washers on the bolts to push the unit out from the dash a bit.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

I don't think it comes with a surround Vince, but I'm sure I'll manage to make it look tidy if I take my time.

Thanks for the tips Maverick, it does have the usb port in the top so I'll have some small washers to hand just in case.

Not a bad deal for £105.00 including delivery! Evidently they are a German company but thry have a distribution point in the UK and I've been informed that it will be here this week.

Will do another post once it's fitted.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

You'll love it, i can't stop playing with mine 3 months after i got it. All you need now is a cam for the rear and a freeview box and you're set. Mine has the motorised screen too which is great cos when its fitted it faces down slightly. Also comes with a facia surround.
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                You'll love it, i can't stop playing with mine 3 months after i got it. All you need now is a cam for the rear and a freeview box and you're set. Mine has the motorised screen too which is great cos when its fitted it faces down slightly. Also comes with a facia surround.

Any photos of it fitted?

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                  Fancied one of these for ages!

Decided to splash out some of the money I got for my birthday.

Can hardly wait for the postie now! Looks like a busy weekend next Saturday and Sunday, both front wheel bearings to do, a dashboard kit to fit and my new toy to install.

Roll on next weekend!
                  Looks nice Jim, wont ask how much you got for your birthday but i wish i had a rich family
                  hope you have a good anti theft alarm on your truck, i'd be poohing myself leaveing it anywhere with that showing,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Any photos of it fitted?
                    Yes, i'll put em on in about 10 mins
                    Just waiting for camers to charge!
                    Last edited by Antshiel; 12 November 2007, 18:59.

Comment

Right, it's a bit too dark to get any decent ones but here's some and i'll do some tomorrow in daylight to give a better idea of how it looks:
                      This is the one i bought:

Reverse cam:

Comment

Wow, that fits really well. I really have to get one now! Cheers Tony.

Comment

I had to take a file to the sides of the dash to remove about 1mm each side to get it in, but once its in it stays there. Tha freeview box is fitted behind the head unit and that litle blob you can see to the right of the dash is the receiver for the freeview box. The camera was £18 from HK off Flebay and it's got night vision too.
                          Oh and there's games on the receiver too, well cool when you're bored

Comment

Very very nice
                            I Love Wales

Comment

nice bit of kit how much does one of those cost? n can you add more moniters for the kids in the back if needed?

Comment

Working...
                              X