sea anglers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sea anglers

any of you guys sea fish , im wondering what the GREYS APPOLLO MK2 is like .

anyone got 1 that can compare with actions of other rods ie- greys shadow or conoflex rods of similar stats .

Originally posted by internetsurfer

anyone got 1 that can compare with actions of other rods ie- greys shadow or conoflex rods of similar stats .
    i seafish but then i only use cheap fishing rods so cant really help you there m8 your prob talking money with a conoflex aint ya?

Comment

the apollo is 180 quid , which is in a decent price bracket .

conoflex vampire in about on par with it , just dont want to buy 1 to find i dont like its casting actions.

Comment

the apollo is 180 quid , which is in a decent price bracket .

conoflex vampire in about on par with it , just dont want to buy 1 to find i dont like its casting actions.
        bit out my price range still i know years ago when i lived in wales there was a few tackle shops that would let you try it out in the back yard even though it didnt have the weights etc it had the reel basically so you could practise cast. but if i was you id go for the type your use to ie flex weight casting etc you wont go wrong then, its a pity to pay out 180 to find you dont like the feel or handling or cast of rod

Comment

How much.....I thought my fly rods were ott at £90
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
            How much.....I thought my fly rods were ott at £90
            that cheap also for fly rods alot of both sea/course/fly can be even £500/£1000 the most ive paid for a rod was £110 never again

Comment

I have both a Grey's Zipplex (14ft) & a Conoflex DC6 (12ft).

The Grey's I got last year for £240 and have found it to be a very good rod. Little expensive for some but you only get what you pay for. It also comes in a 16ft model. They are also 3 piece rods so its easier to get into a normal car. No problem in the surf.

My Conoflex I've had for about 20 years and prefer to use it in the winter with the heavier sea's. It has a stiffer tip & is better for the north east waters.

Hope this helps & tight lines .
              Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

Working...
              X