Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahaha! Im going crazy!!

Right, Tyres - AGAIN for gods sake

Ive just found out the width of the Super swamper LTB is 13.50 not 12.50 as i had assumed...

Ive got 8" rims, So its the same as a 12.50 on a 7" Right??

Is this a total bad idea??! Ive grown attached to my alloys and didnt really wanna take them off.

But if 13.50 is too much for a 8" then i'd need 10" rims an then it just bumps the costs up sky high!!!

Plus i cant buy the tyres and see if its ok an realise its not, cuz i cant find 16x10" Steels ANYWHERE!

Other then nearly £800 of Micky Thompsons!

This is all doing my head in! Ive had a belly full of working out what to do! (as im sure you all have with my tyre threads)

Should i just get some Machos on there then look into what tyre to get in the new year?

Im pretty skint at the moment after having to fork out for new head units/amps etc etc.... Worked out the other day my truck has cost me £15 a day

I love it though Wouldnt be without it!

why not go for 15" rims instead

Comment

Have a chat with Apache mate - he's just put some on his, or Rich (Stormforce) both have recent big tyre - and GWH too - he's got some new 33s......

They should be able to help you out - but yes, you are going mental.....
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Can you not get 15x10 wheels, or a wheel tyre combo???
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
          why not go for 15" rims instead
          I would mate, but the costs get a bit steeper then in the original outlay!

Id be looking at £250-300 for black and about £350-400 for chrome 15x10

Plus £650 on the tyres = BIG money = money i aint got yet!

Comment

yep from these people

http://www.silverline4x4.com/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
              Have a chat with Apache mate - he's just put some on his, or Rich (Stormforce) both have recent big tyre - and GWH too - he's got some new 33s......

They should be able to help you out - but yes, you are going mental.....

Im losin the plot mate!!

But yeah, maybe i should have a chat with those guys!

I just want some big tyres that will fit my current alloys that wont pop off if i go round a bend.... or get a slap from a tyre fitter for even mentioning 13.50 and 8"

Comment

Here u go
                http://www.4wheelparts.com/partLists...3368&w=1112-11
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  I would mate, but the costs get a bit steeper then in the original outlay!

Id be looking at £250-300 for black and about £350-400 for chrome 15x10

Plus £650 on the tyres = BIG money = money i aint got yet!
                  you can get some 15x10.5 from the link above for £300 delivered, then it's just the tyres. the ones apache got were from here and cost i think £700 for a set of 4

Comment

i don't think 13.50s on a 8" rim would be wise.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                      you can get some 15x10.5 from the link above for £300 delivered, then it's just the tyres. the ones apache got were from here and cost i think £700 for a set of 4

I dont really have 1k to spend on the wheel tyre combo mate. Even with selling my alloys its still a bit too rich for my blood.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                        i don't think 13.50s on a 8" rim would be wise.
                        Damn, I thought so

Apache warned me that Boyo wasnt happy with 12.50 on a 7"

Right, Lets change the goal post.

Anyone know where i can get a set of BFG muds in 305/70/16 or similar for a decent price??

Cheers

Comment

i was pleasantly surprised by the prices from one of the local dealers for this network http://www.4site4x4.co.uk/home.aspx click on tyres / goodyear and have a look at the GOODYEAR MT/Rs aswell, similar to the BFGs, as are cooper discoverer STTs. Alternatively hold off til february and come up to the donnington show, have a look at some in the flesh.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                            i was pleasantly surprised by the prices from one of the local dealers for this network http://www.4site4x4.co.uk/home.aspx click on tyres / goodyear and have a look at the GOODYEAR MT/Rs aswell, similar to the BFGs, as are cooper discoverer STTs. Alternatively hold off til february and come up to the donnington show, have a look at some in the flesh.

Cheers mate! I'll give them a shout for some prices.

Didnt think about going to the donnington show? thats the LRO one aint it?

Just found camskill - £630 for 5 delivered incl VAT isnt too bad!

Comment

Donny is the british indoor 4x4 show, don't think it's as big as the LRO one but that aint until June i don't think. I went up to donny last year it was OK, i quite enjoyed it but it is quite a small show i reckon, but it's the only offroad one i've been to. Keep an eye open here for details http://www.britishindoor4x4show.com/index.html i think last year they announced the date around the beginnning of december sometime. If i remember rightly it was the 3rd weekend in february, would imagine it'll probably be the same again.

I know Jotto displayed his surf in the modified vehicles bit last year with a bucket for the Mac Fund handy.

That 4site4x4 network, i rung my local one and they didn't even know they was on there, and weren't interested in selling me any tyres at all. So i found a postcode for Folkestone 15 mile down the road and used the dealer there, 2 days to get the tires in and helpful as they could be, top guys. TYREWEB @ CHERITON :
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X