Sunday morning 11/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Merely the fact that you *are* thinking about it is what matters most.
    Have got a big plastic poppy as well on the front off truck if that counts.

Comment

There will be a lot of people who, due to there jobs, won't be able to give the minute silence at 11.00am, ie; Firefightrs, doctors, nurses,police officers etc who will be engaged in savng lives at that moment, but for the rest of us there ain't no excuses.

I'm not that old ( by some peoples standards) but my Dad fought in the 2nd world war, and my Uncle died in the 1st, and my Godfather was in a japanese prisoner of war camp for 4 years, and was tortured to the point of death, and then revived just to be put throuh it all again, and again, for 4 years.60 years later, he still hates the japanese for what they did to him, he hates them as a nation ( which I find irrational, but I didn't suffer what he did)

However you choose to deal with tomorrow is your choice, but don't mock it, or cast it aside, for millions of people it still haunts their memories and dreams.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

OK that's enough everyone - we've seen all sides to this tonight. Tomorrow, we will all pay our respects, our own way and leave it at that.
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
          OK that's enough everyone - we've seen all sides to this tonight. Tomorrow, we will all pay our respects, our own way and leave it at that.
          i agree let things rest, we all have opinions some are different to others but all the same we each want to exspress them. some of us live for today and some live for tommorow. but at the end of the day we have to get along

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy
            OOOPSSSSSSSCome on now thats it big hug and learn to ignore for the sake off the forum.
            I hate to say this but both are correct in their last posts, unfortunatly i disagree with one of their attitudes ........tomorrow we pay our respects and i hope that persons who do not feel the same way will respect that

Btw my great grandfather was one of those toffs and survived to 96 .......

Thats how war was fort then and it has never changed just how it's done has
            Last edited by Woodzie; 11 November 2007, 00:48.
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I don't post on here often but I take my hat off to you chillit for starting this thread. having lost my cousin in iraq last year we should all pay our respects and remember our fallen of all wars

Comment

Originally posted by MTBBILLY
                Wanting to celebrate is NOT out of line.
                ITS NOT A FREAKING CELEBRATION!!!

Its about showing our respect for EVERYONE WHO DIED, whatever side.

I assume you not stupid enough to think otherwise, being the clever person you think you are, so I therefore I must assume you're saying just to a rise out of people. Which is just sick regarding this subject, what a pathetic worm you really are.

Bye bye.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Nice work Tony. Thank you.
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Lest we forget....

A prayer from all of us, to all the families of all the people who have given their lives for freedom, may those dead rest in peace, and those still fighting be safe.
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      Nice work Tony. Thank you.

Ermmmmm wasn't Tony
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                        Ermmmmm wasn't Tony
                        Yeah, I was just off out to get brekkie's when Nigel called, he did the dirty work, as he's the boss!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          Yeah, I was just off out to get brekkie's when Nigel called, he did the dirty work, as he's the boss!!

I have tidied this thread up hope I got it all
                          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

Thankyou both.

Comment

I'd just like to add my tuppence worth.

Remembrance Day is when we give thought for those who made the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect our freedoms and way of life. I have nothing but the deepest respect and gratitude.

However, tomorrow, we shouldn't forget about it until next time. We have people out there putting themselves on the line right now, and will do tomorrow, and the day after.

We should NEVER forget that there are people still protecting our way of life, and our freedoms on our behalf. People who will still die for us.

I bring my kids up to understand the sacrifices our forces make for us, and to respect them for that. Hopefully, one day, it will no longer be necessary, and they will all be out of a job, as will I! Until then, never forget what they have done for us, and continue to do.

My deepest respect to all of them.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                                I have tidied this thread up hope I got it all
                                Cheers Nigel. I knew he was a prat, I didn't think he'd stoop so bl00dy low.
                                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X