david haye....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david haye....

in Paris tonight, anyone watching want to call it? haye's last chance to save a career or what? Jean-Marc Mormeck will go in the 9th...hopefully!
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Originally posted by logey79
    in Paris tonight, anyone watching want to call it? haye's last chance to save a career or what? Jean-Marc Mormeck will go in the 9th...hopefully!
    he's a local boy to me
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
      he's a local boy to me
      who, Jean-Marc Mormeck???

seriously, what do you reckon, everyone here is split, but i'm ever-the-optomist when it comes to Brits in sport (apart from Tennis obviously).

he knows he's not getting any younger, i reckon we're gonna see performance of his career tonight!! just hope i stay sober enough to remember to collect my money!!!!!

Comment

would like to see him win but .............

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
          would like to see him win but .............
          butt....he really needs it!!! his inrtention to go up to heavyweight isn't a good one. i know he's explosive and tough, but i'm not sure he has the discipline for the heavyweight division. he wants to foloowe Lewis, but he , with all respect, isn't fit to shine Lennox's boots.

that said, if he wins tonight, then he has the cruiserweight division, but heavyweight?????he'll not get anywhere there.

Comment

Turkish - is he from your gym???
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

agree with you on heavyweight div , a good exciting fighter ideal for cruiser div

no andy he dont use my gym lol

Comment

he was knocked down in 4th but recovered and went on to win by ko in 7th

Comment

bugger, if only he'd done it 2 rounds later i'd be in the money now!!!!

see he's not going to fight enzo, and reckons he'll go straight into heavyweights....where there's no competition at all...boring!

Comment

He did win but i don't really think it was anything to do with his boxing skills. The French dude got tired, came in sloppy and got tagged which when your built like those two were that's enough to put you on your ass!

If he trys to box like that in heavyweight bouts he will get owned. cant rely on that one big punch all the time. Needed to work his jab and box the guy more would of been a more convincing fight. Saying all that would like to see him fight in heavyweight bout time we had some more english sports people to be proud of!!
                    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                      He did win but i don't really think it was anything to do with his boxing skills. The French dude got tired, came in sloppy and got tagged which when your built like those two were that's enough to put you on your ass!

If he trys to box like that in heavyweight bouts he will get owned. cant rely on that one big punch all the time. Needed to work his jab and box the guy more would of been a more convincing fight. Saying all that would like to see him fight in heavyweight bout time we had some more english sports people to be proud of!!
                      Jean-marc didn't tire!!! he was caught with a few good hits. Mormeck's whole career he's been a stamina fighter, always able to go the distance and be tougher at the end. haye's camp knew this, which is why they have worked big time on his stamina.

haye's previous fight was at heavyweight, and thats where (weight) he's more comfortable, which is why i took a gamble on him winning in the 9th, because he's lost about a stone and half over 6 months of intense training to make the weight for last night, therefore, his stamina should have improved, and it obviously had. at the same time, mormeck's camp would have expected haye to come out and explode in the 1st 4rounds, which he didn't, and it screwed up their plans.

you're right about him being owned in the heavyweights though. haye thinks he's like Lewis, read any interview with him and there's him and his camp comparing him to Lewis!!! LOL!!! Lewis and Haye, there's nothing similar about their styles at all! like you said, where's Haye's jab - non-existant, and he fights with that left down all the time. heavyweight div is dead anyway, it wouldn't be a big accomp-lishment to become world champ in it anymore.

the other reason he's going to heavyweight is that i don't think he could last againt enzo maccarenelli, maybe he thinks the same, who knows? but if he does go into heavyweight then at least we'll have someone half decent in the division from the uk, but it's definately over for the heavyweights now, it'll never be the awesome showpiece it used to be.

Comment

the other reason he's going to heavyweight is that i don't think he could last againt enzo maccarenelli, maybe he thinks the same, who knows? but if he does go into heavyweight then at least we'll have someone half decent in the division from the uk, but it's definately over for the heavyweights now, it'll never be the awesome showpiece it used to be.[/QUOTE]

I got that impression too when he was interviewed after. he said quite a few times that he would not give him a title fight and enzo looked well up for it. i do like a good fight and your right most of the heavyweight fight i have seen recently have been poor. At least my misses is getting right into watching boxing too!
                        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                        X