No announcement yet.

Pressure washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...mmm yeah and though it will rip decals off loosen paint and put ripples in 18 gauge aluminium panels it still doesn't get road grime off unless you use it with incredibly unpleasant chemicals. I use Typhoon Ultra Truck Wash at twice the recommended concentration and it just about gets things clean if you work at it.

I think pressure washers are one of those products that seem fun and easy to use but dont actually dont do much apart from redistribute the dirt in a nice even film

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
      ...mmm yeah and though it will rip decals off loosen paint and put ripples in 18 gauge aluminium panels it still doesn't get road grime off unless you use it with incredibly unpleasant chemicals. I use Typhoon Ultra Truck Wash at twice the recommended concentration and it just about gets things clean if you work at it.

I think pressure washers are one of those products that seem fun and easy to use but dont actually dont do much apart from redistribute the dirt in a nice even film

I agree that they are not much good at getting the paintwork clean and shiny.... BUT without the jet wash at the local garage my truck would still have 2 tonnes of pit clay stuck to the underneath. This seems unlike any other mud for staying stuck to the surf.

I have washed the car off with the hose and spray attachment at home... but that takes a good 45 mins after going off road and in the winter, in the dark, it's cold and unpleasant. A jet wash takes 10 mins!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
        I agree that they are not much good at getting the paintwork clean and shiny.... BUT without the jet wash at the local garage my truck would still have 2 tonnes of pit clay stuck to the underneath. This seems unlike any other mud for staying stuck to the surf.

I have washed the car off with the hose and spray attachment at home... but that takes a good 45 mins after going off road and in the winter, in the dark, it's cold and unpleasant. A jet wash takes 10 mins!

Get a brush attachment for the pressure washer and use the detergent attachment. It will be quite good for cleaning the car then. Not as good as the local jet wash but then they cost 1000s.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X