Pressure washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure washer

Can anyone recommend a good pressure washer to go for...??
    Its to run off a mains hose feed for cleaning my beast after a day out...
    Whats best to go for, petrol? Electric etc...
    Minimum wattages for the motor?
    I really know nothing about these so any information would be usefull.
    Thanks.
    CM
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Ive got a carcher 110 psi but to be honest a hose pipe with an adjustable trigger nozzle is better for getting the mud off especially underneath the surf as you need a jet rather than a spread pattern
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by carbonman
      Can anyone recommend a good pressure washer to go for...??
      Its to run off a mains hose feed for cleaning my beast after a day out...
      Whats best to go for, petrol? Electric etc...
      Minimum wattages for the motor?
      I really know nothing about these so any information would be usefull.
      Thanks.
      CM
      The petrol ones are pricey I think, but portable if you want to take them with you off road - like the one Jason had on Sunday.
      We're on the lookout for an electric one (cheaper) but dont go for the really cheap ones from homebase etc - Tony had one of them, and you do get what you pay for.
      Share any info you find and we'll do the same!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g=101&r=2001

Good selection here.
        John
        http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

I got a Sun pressure washer from Makro for £25 and it does my patio, decking etc a treat. It connects to a hose/tap no probs, but my problem is I cant use it to clean my motor as I cant get near to the tap from the road... Can anyone tell me if I would be able to run it from a container of water or does it need to have pressure?
          Anyone out there have an idea how it can be done?
          Or, can they be made to suck??? yea go on make a joke, you know you want to, but you know what I mean..

Comment

I have had a Karcher 110 for 8 years and I use it every week. It has an adjustable nozzle so you can blast or spray.

The only thing that has gone wrong is the switch but they have changed the design to a pressure switch now.

These guys seem pretty reasonable.

http://karchershop.co.uk/karcher/pressure%20washers.htm

Rich.
            Last edited by rich; 2 March 2004, 22:44.
            If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

get some hozelock bits & make up a length of hose to connect it to. some pressure washers draw water from a resevoir & some need to be fed.
              Karcher are the best as they have made them for years. BOSCH washers
              dont cut the mustard i had 2 in 8 months, not recomended
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

I use a Scania 250 hp Diesel Fire pumping appliance
                6 litres a second at 3500kpa
                Real clean real fast!!!!!
                Simon.O.
                '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

I got a B&Q one, works well and you can get accessories for it as well, plus I only paid 39 quid for it.

Cheers

Comment

Also got a Karcher, 1700psi, has an internal detergent dispenser with variable flow control. Lance is variable pressure from fine large spray to small full pressure jet. Had it about 6-7 years, no problems.
                    Spares are readily availble and there are plenty of tools to choose from to suit whatever your needs.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

The cheapest ones willl clean your car just fine, but they are a pain in the ass having to turn them off went you release the trigger on the lance.

Avoid the detergent bottle that goes on the lance, and get one that will suck it up, this is a rubbish idea.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have a Karcher Professional hot/cold washer that cost £1200 and works at 120 bar/500 litres/hour.... and guess what?

....it doesn't clean vehicles any better than the the little Karcher K209 I bought for £60 in Makro. I'm equally unimpressed with both of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
                          I have a Karcher Professional hot/cold washer that cost £1200 and works at 120 bar/500 litres/hour.... and guess what?

....it doesn't clean vehicles any better than the the little Karcher K209 I bought for £60 in Makro. I'm equally unimpressed with both of them!
                          better than holding your thumb over the end of the hose pipe though eh!!

can't beat the old bucket and sponge!!... i just can't be assed with it!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

My brother has an "all singing , all dancing pressure washer." It will find filler in bodywork and blast it away. It will lift decals like they weren't supposed to be there anyway. It will find the seams between the original arches and the extensions an rip 'em off! it will break the bead on Scania tyres (OK I'm exaggerating!)

I have found that a mains pressure hose and a fine/wide nozzle is best. Don't it make you want a piddle though?
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Heres another option.
                              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=18307

Comment

Working...
                              X