Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres - Bu**a!

Right,

For the past few weeks ive been thinking about ordering some Grizzley glaws for when my lift is done.... with talk of bronco4x4 being done for... i aint sure i wanna invest £480 on something that might go wrong,

I dont wanna spend the world on tyres! But i do want something a little different an im at a point now where im tempted to just order some Machos an be done!!

Ive checked out L.A.Supertrux an LOVE the Intero Super Swamper LTB, But i spoke to one company who believe there are only 4 in the USA in the size i need!!

I dont wanna go for BFG M/Ts! I love the look etc but they just push the funds too much! It would kill me to fork out the £800 or so ive found them for!

I want either 305/70/16 or 33x12.50/16, I dont want to go for 285/75's there just too narrow an i know i would regret it!

Anyone got ANY ideas at all?? Anything???

Please

Maxxis Mudzillas?

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37722

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho

They are smart as f***!! Awesome looking tyre, an from what Apache has said! Awesome off road too...

problem is i wouldnt wanna budge in on his tyre choice! Hes got exclusive rights at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
        Hes got exclusive rights at the moment!
        Not if you get some he hasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          Not if you get some he hasn't.

evil g!t!

I really want the LTBs.... But there Bias... not radial! So from what i understand.... in the cold they will 'set' so i will have a giant flat bit on my tyre

Comment

kumho do a 305/70/16 in the KL71s, i know of a set of good 2nd hand simexes coming up soon but they're a bit too big how about the mudzilla's or creepy crawlers as modelled by apache?
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
              kumho do a 305/70/16 in the KL71s, i know of a set of good 2nd hand simexes coming up soon but they're a bit too big how about the mudzilla's or creepy crawlers as modelled by apache?

What do the creepy crawlers look like mate?

Comment

=========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Heard of Coopers

Few of the blokes are switching from bfg's to Cooper STT tyres for mud work down in oz. They tell me they get better grip in the slippery stuff.
                  Anybody using them in the UK. Can you get em

Matthew
                  Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Nice tyres where can i get the creepy crawlers from in uk and how much as i need to change all 4 tyres shortly for the snow and fun

Also love the smiley's

Comment

Cooper tyre costs

Dont know where in the uk to get them. They cost about $240 in oz fitted.

Our dollar is pretty strong against the US dollar atm, about 92 cents US for our $1 Australian.
                      Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

My mate brought cooper STTs in 305 70 16 about a month ago and paid about £125 a corner fitted from Broadway Tyres of Wellingborough 01933 226075 really aggressive tread pattern and he loves em....
                        3rd Gen 4" Lift 33" Goodyear MTR's

Comment

if you order any thing from the usa rod,bear in mind that eventhouhthe import tax will be high(ish),it will be offset by our pound being worth vry nearly two us dollars.

and stop messin and get some kuhmo kl71's
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If you are leaving them on and doing any kind of milage do NOT get Machos. They are brilliant off road but quite soft - mine are wearing out quite quickly and they are only fitted when I am off roading.

24Seven has a narrower tyre and on the Big Wales trip I was impressed how they looked (and performed).

Plumb Bob has Coopper STT - they are probably the next tyre I get, although the KL71's look sweet too.
                            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I was also looking at the all terrain t/a ko tyres as i wanted a 50/50 for road and 4x4

I also got a isuzu trooper 2.8 (1991)td with 16" alloys the body work needs quite a bit of work but the engine is sweet and new rear disks and clutch, i was going to s$$$$ her but she is a lovely 4x4 so got to figure what to do with that
                              The alloys are sweet but since i already have 16" on the surf i may as well sell em, as i'm gathering a $$$$$$ stock pile of alloys, i got 2x 17" and a 16" from my mr2's as i went with blitz alloys on both
                              Last edited by Retribution; 6 November 2007, 09:30.

Comment

Working...
                              X