@ Surfenstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshie
    Yep two seats, pity the top half didnt measure up keeping the power window would have been sweet on your 4 door chopped monster

You taking plenty of pics mate I would love to follow suit but hadn't planed to do it till next spring your winter project all written up could save me a lot of heart break good luck mate

Yeeehaaaw, we actually gonna chop it up then bro?

NOICE!
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF
      Yeeehaaaw, we actually gonna chop it up then bro?

NOICE!
      Well have done the talking bit maybe time we got on with the doing bit.
      Brian

Comment

wouldnt it be cool if the back of the cab could be opened or removed maybe?
        then you could still make full use of the original load area,
        Grant

Comment

Originally posted by paintballer
          wouldnt it be cool if the back of the cab could be opened or removed maybe?
          then you could still make full use of the original load area,
          what like this.

after

www.overfab.uk

Comment

Stein, ive the opertunity of being given a 1983 i think 1st gen, basically solid chassis, and body is tatty but i can go for that. Its been stood for 2 years, because it needs a clutch and the guy bought a new workhourse. Its breaking my heart to drive past it each month. He said i could have it, and that it should start with new battery

Being stood for that long, could it be too much work? Things seem to be free enough, and ive checked all ball joints and such for play, i think MOT should be ok, would you in your experience recommend this undertaking?

Love yours by the way
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

[QUOTE=surfenstein]what like this.

after

What wheels and rubber are on this lovely beastie
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                Stein, ive the opertunity of being given a 1983 i think 1st gen, basically solid chassis, and body is tatty but i can go for that. Its been stood for 2 years, because it needs a clutch and the guy bought a new workhourse. Its breaking my heart to drive past it each month. He said i could have it, and that it should start with new battery

Being stood for that long, could it be too much work? Things seem to be free enough, and ive checked all ball joints and such for play, i think MOT should be ok, would you in your experience recommend this undertaking?

Love yours by the way
                If you don't want it mate I would love to have it
                Brian

Comment

Love yours by the way
                  Its free, you soft get, go and fetch it!!!! (posted the lights BTW)
                  Last edited by Chillitt; 6 November 2007, 20:52.
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

[QUOTE=surfenstein]what like this.
                    QUOTE]

so you got the chop as you've done but with a back door between the back of the cab, and the new load area.
                    just an idea , its gonna be cool tho innit
                    Grant

Comment

Love yours by the way
                      darn right if the guys gonna give it to you its gotta be worth a good looking over.petrol or diesel.the chassis should be pretty solid,just check around the body mounts underneath and lift the carpet inside and check the mounts especially the ones under the front foot wells.and look around the floor pan and under the rear seats,the rear wheel arches and rear tail gate are the worst areas for rust.most service parts are available from rough trax as are a few body parts.the truck is based around a mk2 pickup although the body will be slightly different and you do get s$$$$pers come up on e bay from time to time.so yea rip his arm off and iff all else fails and it is rotted you could always break it ,bugsy first picking if you do.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

I think i will get it anyway, at least at first get it on the road mot'd and working, i can slowly patch her up. Looks cool all tatty in a strange way
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

[QUOTE=yoshie]
                          Originally posted by surfenstein
                          what like this.

after

What wheels and rubber are on this lovely beastie
                          the wheels are three piece split rims and the tyres are 33x12.5x15 kumho kl71s
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                            darn right if the guys gonna give it to you its gotta be worth a good looking over.petrol or diesel.the chassis should be pretty solid,just check around the body mounts underneath and lift the carpet inside and check the mounts especially the ones under the front foot wells.and look around the floor pan and under the rear seats,the rear wheel arches and rear tail gate are the worst areas for rust.most service parts are available from rough trax as are a few body parts.the truck is based around a mk2 pickup although the body will be slightly different and you do get s$$$$pers come up on e bay from time to time.so yea rip his arm off and iff all else fails and it is rotted you could always break it ,bugsy first picking if you do.
                            2.5 petrol it is, looks alot like the back to the future type the one marty owns
                            Already has big wheels, and arch flares, in black, i just love it. Rust is at a bare minimum, just a bit denty, and scratched up, even got the roll bar with lights on up around back o the cab
                            farmer used it for lambing
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I think i will get it anyway, at least at first get it on the road mot'd and working, i can slowly patch her up. Looks cool all tatty in a strange way
                              the 1st gen is the coolest truck in the world.get it and join an elite club.myself,sumo,tonyN, and vagrant.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

2.5 petrol it is, looks alot like the back to the future type the one marty owns
                                Already has big wheels, and arch flares, in black, i just love it. Rust is at a bare minimum, just a bit denty, and scratched up, even got the roll bar with lights on up around back o the cab
                                farmer used it for lambing
                                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                                X