yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined and thought I'd say hello (plus a question of course)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined and thought I'd say hello (plus a question of course)...

You all seem an approachable bunch, so...hello

I haven't actually bought a Surf yet, but have test driven one today for the first time. Nice, very nice, but a little...large...for the small country lanes around the dealer

I've read loads of info on these forums, so at least I know something about the vehicle now, but I do have one question...

I'll be using the Surf to commute to and from work, which is a 70 mile round-trip, mainly on the M27. I really can't visualise taking it offroad, so the question is, am I likely to cause any long-term damage by only using it on metalled surfaces, or should it be allowed to 'unwind' in it's natural habitat now and again?

The dealer I've found is only about 3 miles down the road from me, and although I've seen one brief mention of them on this site, I'd be interested to know if there are any more customers out there. They say that they're selling Surfs like hot potatoes at the moment...

www.tradecentrebournemouth.co. uk

They also sell under this web address too...
    www.autobiography.co.uk

Thanks

Hi Blackcat, been looking for a Surf for a while now and although I have put a deposit down on one from somewhere else, the bloke at New Milton seemed very knowledgable about the Surf and didn't come out with the usual c**p that some car sales people do! There was a bloke down there buying one while I was there and he seemed keen on them too, but as they say, "you pays your money and takes your choice" - or is that "chance"

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat_UK

I haven't actually bought a Surf yet, but have test driven one today for the first time. Nice, very nice, but a little...large...for the small country lanes around the dealer

I've read loads of info on these forums, so at least I know something about the vehicle now, but I do have one question...

I'll be using the Surf to commute to and from work, which is a 70 mile round-trip, mainly on the M27. I really can't visualise taking it offroad, so the question is, am I likely to cause any long-term damage by only using it on metalled surfaces, or should it be allowed to 'unwind' in it's natural habitat now and again?

The dealer I've found is only about 3 miles down the road from me, and although I've seen one brief mention of them on this site, I'd be interested to know if there are any more customers out there. They say that they're selling Surfs like hot potatoes at the moment...

www.autobiography.co.uk

Thanks
      You won't cause it any serious damage, its good to engage the 4wd now and again to make sure things dont sieze up, but its not going to hurt if you never going to use it....
      You could probably find a more economical car for road use only, but then it depends on what you want....
      2 Tone Mud Master!
      http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

www.autobiography.co.uk

Thanks
        Hi and welcome to the mad world of Surfdom.

No you won't damage it just using it on the road - most 4x4s in this country only go as far as the supermarket carpark off the road.

However - just try off roading once in it and you'll be hooked!!.

Cheers and good hunting.

Comment

Has your user name got anything to do with the football team you support?

Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H

Phil.
            No - football is the devils game

It comes from the rather large male black cat that chooses to live with us (and my complete lack of imagination too ). It's just as well he wandered past when I first started posting on online forums, or I may have registered as Dining_Table_UK

Comment

Just a further note on this, don't select 4wd on the grippy stuff (unless its a 3rd gen) as you will wind up the transmission and cause problems. As said selecting it once in a while is good keeps it all turning etc but do it on some slippery stuff.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

No - football is the devils game

It's just as well he wandered past when I first started posting on online forums, or I may have registered as Dining_Table_UK
                Bwahahahah! Funny! You'll fit right in! I'm gonna have trouble not remembering you as Dining_Table now.........

(Apart from the footy bit, but I'll let that ride............)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Bwahahahah! Funny! You'll fit right in! I'm gonna have trouble not remembering you as Dining_Table now.........

(Apart from the footy bit, but I'll let that ride............)

Yep definitely. Blackcat_uk. ( AKA Dining_Table ). Mabe we could all meet up one Sunday and sit around him.

Hi and welcome Blackcat now you see why its called the madhouse.

Good hunting.

Geoff.
                  Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Phil.
                    <--- Sunderland supporter here though... it's a family tradition... and i've got a black cat... and there's a signed sunderland shirt framed on the hall wall.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                      <--- Sunderland supporter here though... it's a family tradition... and i've got a black cat... and there's a signed sunderland shirt framed on the hall wall.
                      Nice to hear!!

I was at the match Wednesday and saw loads of Surfs around Birmingham. I was all set for the trip to Sunderland on Sat. but was off due to snow. I had the car fully booked but the icing on the cake was when a bloke I know with a freeloader phoned for a lift.....

Phil.

Comment

Nice to hear!!

I was at the match Wednesday and saw loads of Surfs around Birmingham. I was all set for the trip to Sunderland on Sat. but was off due to snow. I had the car fully booked but the icing on the cake was when a bloke I know with a freeloader phoned for a lift.....

Phil.
                        i heard the snow was bad, our lot are from cornforth/ferryhill/darlington, i'm avoiding the area at the mo, due to woman trouble!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Welcome aboard Black Cat!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X