Buddy / Ignore Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy / Ignore Lists

Can anyone explain what the effect of adding someone to your ignore list or buddy list is?

For example, does the ignore list have the effect of making all posts from the 'ignored' person invisible to you? If that was the case then not sure what a buddy list does - maybe you are notifed by email of all posts placed by 'buddies'.

Very topical question!!

The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "My vB Home", you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online, and be able to send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allow you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by clicking this button in a member's posts.

Ignore lists are used for those people who's messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Tony, you've been around all night.

Are you one of those saddos with no life outside the internet I keep hearing about?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        Tony, you've been around all night.

Are you one of those saddos with no life outside the internet I keep hearing about?
        Nah, keep popping in for the adverts, commercials suck!

Just watched the Long Way Down, so was offline for all that.

Comment

Thanks Tony,

having ferreted around in the vBulletin docs it appears that ignored members also cannot PM you - useful for you given all the begging letters you seem to get (that'll be me on a number of ignore lists I suppose!).

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Nah, keep popping in for the adverts, commercials suck!

Just watched the Long Way Down, so was offline for all that.

Answer my PM I sent you then .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

jeez !!!!!!

no where near as many as me!!!!

ah well cest la vie'
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by tavvi
                Thanks Tony,

having ferreted around in the vBulletin docs it appears that ignored members also cannot PM you - useful for you given all the begging letters you seem to get (that'll be me on a number of ignore lists I suppose!).
                Thanks for telling him that. He'll never receive another PM ever again now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                  Answer my PM I sent you then .
                  That requires congative thought, to many San Miguels and to late at night for that!!

Never seen a broken tappet shim bucket holder thingy, but dosn't mean it can't happen.

Easy to pop the lid off and check the valve springs and shims.

Probably need to have the head off anyway, you'll be able to see looseness in the big or little ends for the other knocking if its not a fuel knock.

Comment

Working...
                  X