X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next in the 'you couldn't make it up' catagory

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_1.html

Discuss:

Its pretty poor that they have to even think about it, if you serve you country, your country should look after you appropriatly.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well personally I think it's a ruddy disgrace the way our service people are treated, I think those pampered pillocks in Westminster should spend a year under the same conditions and see how they like it.
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

No, better bet is for those pampered unemployable pricks in Westminster to spend a year in Helmand on the side of the Taliban. Then our guys could legitimately shoot the bl**dy lot of them and save this country at the same time. Alternatively, nuke Brussells and Strasburg as they are just as bad.
        Mike G

Comment

The MOD make me $$$$$$ angry.
          Service personel having to go on NHS waiting lists when they've been injured.
          Shoddy equipment.
          Political top brass.
          Gurkhas having a really s**ty deal.

I know of a Nepalese woman who's become a widow, her husband was a Gurkha but the Government wont let her work here. In my opinion he earned her the right to stay in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round
            The MOD make me $$$$$$ angry.

Shoddy equipment.

Dont tar everyone though. I spent 21 years in MOD, culminating in being on the edge of making myself ill with the stress of trying to get the best possible kit for the guys in harms way.

The engineers and scientists care passionately about what they do, but the to55ers in charge, and the bean counters tie things up so heavily in procedure, process, red tape and waffle that it's become near impossible to satisfy what I always regarded was the main aim of providing the best possible service and equipment to the warfighter.

Hence me leaving, and now working in a related field in the private sector.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Dont tar everyone though. I spent 21 years in MOD, culminating in being on the edge of making myself ill with the stress of trying to get the best possible kit for the guys in harms way.

The engineers and scientists care passionately about what they do, but the to55ers in charge, and the bean counters tie things up so heavily in procedure, process, red tape and waffle that it's become near impossible to satisfy what I always regarded was the main aim of providing the best possible service and equipment to the warfighter.

Hence me leaving, and now working in a related field in the private sector.
              My only gripes in life are;

1. Politicians (except Mo Molam (sp))
              2. Accountants dictating policy
              3. Jobsworths, they do more damage than anyone
              4. Middle Management, sucking everything dry
              5. Rude people, Hanibal Lecter wasn't all bad, he only ate rude people

Nothing directed at anyone trying to make a difference, only those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo

Comment

the army and rest of services should get unionised!
                take the fight to the top.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Can you imagine the effects of an overtime ban?

Mind you, Woodzie and his neighbours might get some sleep
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF
                    the army and rest of services should get unionised!
                    take the fight to the top.
                    Or have a cuppa and come home, letting oil prices and income tax costs come down, im self employed and am now paying inc hidden natuional insurance charges 30%

|Thats discusting
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      Can you imagine the effects of an overtime ban?

Mind you, Woodzie and his neighbours might get some sleep
                      I sleep though it most of the time when working nights . even the low flying jet fighters . It's when they get the big self propelled guns out (SA90's i think) each round is £1200.00 and they must fire about 50 of the things . i am about 5 miles from the impact area and the house shakes with every shot.

Back to the topic in question it was also front page of the Times yesterday
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                      X