extractor tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extractor tool

Hia all, does anyone have an extractor tool to remove the injector pump of a 1996 3.0 ltr they could lend me. I will be willing to pay all postage, plus something for your trouble.

hammer and screw driver?lol

Comment

Originally posted by MTBBILLY
      Dyson?

Nah - remember the ads......'nothing sucks, like an electrolux....'

Yup! Mind you, almost as good as 'Metro gets you going' - yes, they get me going alright - little rusting pieces of poo
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I used to have a girlfrend nicknamed " electrolux"
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob

What is it tonight with the tone lowering???

Although, I'd like to meet her........my carpets are in a real state after moving in....
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            my significant other half calls me slinky!!!

because every so often he likes to throw me down the stairs

Comment

Have you got the pulley off? I had no trouble getting pumps off, one took a gentle tap with a rubber mallet, the other I just used a bar that bolted to the gearset, then had a tapped hole in the middle, wind a screw in this and it'll push the pump taper right out.

(If you want less B/S in the threads, post it in the Tech forums.)
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Yes Tony , but at least this way you get a response, so even if its unhelpful rubbish at least you feel youre not alone.

Bogus
                Сви можемо

Comment

Have you got the pulley off? I had no trouble getting pumps off, one took a gentle tap with a rubber mallet, the other I just used a bar that bolted to the gearset, then had a tapped hole in the middle, wind a screw in this and it'll push the pump taper right out.

Hia Tony, thank you for your input. No it isnt of yet. I have taken everything of that i could without messing things up. I ordered a manual for this engine before i went any further. That arrived the other day. I am now going to remove the cam belt, remove the bottom pulley ( 2 pieces it seems that it is in) remove the center nut, remove the nuts holding the pump to the timing gear case, remove the pump support bracket. And i will then try your method. I take it by your discription that it is a piece of m/s flat bar with 3 holes in. The center on is tapped to take the bolt that pushes against the shaft. The other 2 holes are for bolts that hold the bar onto the timimg gear inside the casing ? Alf

Comment

Originally posted by alf
                    I take it by your discription that it is a piece of m/s flat bar with 3 holes in. The center on is tapped to take the bolt that pushes against the shaft. The other 2 holes are for bolts that hold the bar onto the timimg gear inside the casing ? Alf
                    Yup, the special tool is just a posher adjustable version of the same principle.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yup, the special tool is just a posher adjustable version of the same principle.

Hia Tony, chears for that one, i owe you one. I will try it asap. Let you know how it goes. The reason its all got to come off, injectors aswell is. I was running it on pure Tescos finest, but had to lay her up for a few mths in the cold weather. I came to use it again and the veg oil had sort of gone off. It has clogged everything up. So the complete system has to be cleaned out. But im giving the pump and injectors to " DIESEL BOB ", whos web sight is very good. They are getting modified to run on bio and pure veg oil.

Comment

ouch!

Comment

Working...
                        X