Looking for one of these..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for one of these..

This one is in australia and I was wondering if I could buy one here?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-4...QQcmdZViewItem

I want to beef up my steering damper and I like the idea of this 'return to centre' one.
    Has anyone got any opinions or advice on these or other types?
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

The steering wheel returns to the centre position when driving anyway!

A number of owners have replaced the original damper with a Pro-comp item, ES2000.

Comment

Tony does them, a slightly heavier duty one, or he can get hold of really meaty ones.
      Working at last.......

Comment

Originally posted by LURCH
        Tony does them, a slightly heavier duty one, or he can get hold of really meaty ones.

You can get a uprated one , recommended for most people, heavy duty, ideal for people running up to 33's.

I've fitted a pair of uprated ones ot get a little more stiffness than a HD one.

35's and above you'll need a pair of heavy duty ones, but they are made for pickups so a fitting kit needs to be fabbed up.

They are not return to center one's, but that's a little excessive more 90% of Surfs on here, you only really need them if you can't get the tracking back properly after a big lift, or your suffering from torque steer in 4wd, something I've never had an issue with, even with my old 220hp V8 pickup on 35's.

Surfstar's old 2.4 had one, it was a PITA when trying to work on the truck, as you couldn't move the wheels easily, and they wouldn't stay put either to work on stuff.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks for replies guys.
          I'll think I'll go for the procomp option.

PITA made me laugh
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Surfstar's old 2.4 had one, it was a PITA when trying to work on the truck, as you couldn't move the wheels easily, and they wouldn't stay put either to work on stuff.

Loved that surf, wonder what shes doing now??
            Kite Surf

Comment

Working...
            X