Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair price for blown SSRX K '92 2.4 TD

Hi,
    See Surfs for sale SSRX in need of TLC. I have a problem in that my I can spend no more on this car (if you're really interested why, the story is there somewhere). Bottom line is what do you ask for a limping Surf? I have looked through all the info on here and it is apparent that ours has a cracked head. Driveable but limping!
    I have a friendly garage who are shame faced that they allowed me to spend money on servicing and new parts after they had "checked" that all was in order. They will fit a new head if I get the parts, for £200 - £300 and I have sourced parts inc VAT thanks to your site for £818 ukcylinderheads or £705 Milners (head plus fitting kit). Looks like a £K or just over.
    Car is really nice example picture link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...290&sspagename
    I valued the car at around the £4500 - £5000 mark and knocked off the cost of the repair plus allowance for inconvenience. So my guess was £3500. That would be a loss on what we paid of around £1100 inc the new brakes and servicing. But leave the new owner the peace of mind to know that he/she has control of the work.
    I may have flawed logic here and would appreciate any comments as to a fair price. I am not the sort to try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes but need a reliable car on the road a.s.a.p. and the Surf is sacked I'm afraid (not my choice!)

I own a 92 J reg 2.4 mint condition, 112000 km on the clock, waer and tear on the interior seemed to reflect the it's genuine, I only paid £4000.00 for it, from a dealer in skelmersdale. Head could go at any time, but fingers crossed.
    I would be interested in your truck but not at £3,500.00 I wil send you a pm with an offer. Cheers
    [SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Time will tell regarding the price. This sold on here recently.
      http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/showthread.php?t=3483

In the long run, it may cost you less to get the head done and then sell it for market value.

Comment

True and very logical to another male mind!!!!!
        I'd show your comments to my beloved but then she'd know I had been doubting her female logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Br
          Hi,
          See Surfs for sale SSRX in need of TLC. I have a problem in that my I can spend no more on this car (if you're really interested why, the story is there somewhere). Bottom line is what do you ask for a limping Surf? I have looked through all the info on here and it is apparent that ours has a cracked head. Driveable but limping!
          I have a friendly garage who are shame faced that they allowed me to spend money on servicing and new parts after they had "checked" that all was in order. They will fit a new head if I get the parts, for £200 - £300 and I have sourced parts inc VAT thanks to your site for £818 ukcylinderheads or £705 Milners (head plus fitting kit). Looks like a £K or just over.
          Car is really nice example picture link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...290&sspagename
          I valued the car at around the £4500 - £5000 mark and knocked off the cost of the repair plus allowance for inconvenience. So my guess was £3500. That would be a loss on what we paid of around £1100 inc the new brakes and servicing. But leave the new owner the peace of mind to know that he/she has control of the work.
          I may have flawed logic here and would appreciate any comments as to a fair price. I am not the sort to try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes but need a reliable car on the road a.s.a.p. and the Surf is sacked I'm afraid (not my choice!)
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2457721250
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Well spotted. This was the car we bought. £3950 plus our costs for servicing,new belts and water pump, brand new set of brakes coming to a total of about £4,600. We spent our budget to get the car into top shape and then found it let us down.
            No more money to spend! I admire your detective work but don't quite see what point you are trying to make?????????
            I need some return quickly to get us back on the road. So asked for offers/advice here and put it back on eBay. I am new to these cars and will take any advice going. Is £3500 way too much? I can get another motor this week if I can spring some cash back. We need to be mobile!!
            Looking at doing a deal to mutual advatage.
            Regards
            Mick
            Last edited by Mick Br; 1 March 2004, 10:25.

Comment

Reduced price!!!!!!!

I have scooted round this morning having first had to transport very smug "told you so" lady. Garage booked solid so no space for work until late next week. I have reduced price after consultations to £3000 on ebay. Anyone offering close to this is in for a bargain 'cos I need us fully mobile a.s.a.p.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Br
                I have scooted round this morning having first had to transport very smug "told you so" lady. Garage booked solid so no space for work until late next week. I have reduced price after consultations to £3000 on ebay. Anyone offering close to this is in for a bargain 'cos I need us fully mobile a.s.a.p.
                Mick.

Good luck, shame you couldn't afford to do the work on it as a new head would hopefully give you that reliable car that you need. My Surf is an everyday car and I need it for work. I put a new head on last year and it's been a dream ever since.

I hope you get what you want, it looks in good overall condition and to be honest I think that £3000 is very good value.

Cheers

Comment

it really pees me off when certain people keep criticising and commenting on prices people are selling stuff for... if he wants 10k, he's free to ask for it and if someone's willing to pay, then it's up to them!
                  either way this bloke wants to sell for the best price he can and i think all posts criticising that should be removed...
                  think about how you'd feel if you wanted to sell your car for 2 grand and someone said that was too much, no one would want to buy it and you'd be well peed off!

grrrrr!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                    it really pees me off when certain people keep criticising and commenting on prices people are selling stuff for... if he wants 10k, he's free to ask for it and if someone's willing to pay, then it's up to them!
                    either way this bloke wants to sell for the best price he can and i think all posts criticising that should be removed...
                    think about how you'd feel if you wanted to sell your car for 2 grand and someone said that was too much, no one would want to buy it and you'd be well peed off!

grrrrr!
                    Calm down Big fella. The guy actually asks for peoples opinions on his price, and therefore is open to everyones ideas.
                    (quote I may have flawed logic here and would appreciate any comments as to a fair price
                    Nobody has flamed his post in the for sale section.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you have to cut your losses and get rid of it. That said OVER HERE in this country I wouldnt pay more than €1,000 and I'm not joking, the heads busted after all. UK prices are crazy if you ask me. I had a chance to get a '95 3.0 ltr for UK£4,500 (asking price) and all that was wrong with it was the gearshifter bushing was needing a replacement (€3), dont want one anyway but it was in great nick.

Good luck with the sale, looks like you'll get the lower price.

Comment

I got all excited then! Got an email saying that I had a posting on this site and thought there might be a buyer hammering at my door.
                        Sorry to have created some confusion here. I thoroughly agree with dabigman on the "no slating off" stance. That's why I was keen to put our car up for a fair price so no one would be tempted.
                        Pete's correct though, I have had only good help from people on this forum though I can see how the misunderstanding happened. My fault for sticking info in two places. I put the car for sale in one forum and asked for help that I was in the right price area on another.
                        You needed to be up to speed on all the bits to understand the post by Lucky, which is actually very supportive and in agreement with my decision to ask £3000 rather than £3500.
                        Still it makes life interesting and keeps you on your toes.

Comment

Just spotted JimL post!
                          Top of the morning to you. At least something's cheap in RoI. Cost me a fortune in Guinness and Jamieson last time I was there.

Comment

Sorry if it came across that I was critisising the price, nothing was further from my mind. Personally I think 3 grand is very cheap for a Surf even with a busted head. I paid 7500 for mine 18 months ago and the head went on it. I'm still happy with the car I got.

I've said before that a Surf is worth what someone is willig to pay for it. At 3 grand someone is getting a hell of bargain and if didn't already have one I might be interested in a piece of it.

I say good luck to Mick, sad that the car blotted it's history and personally I think it would be worth spending the money on and sorting out. You could end up with a worse situation with another car. Even new cars have problems, they might get fixed under warranty but you are still inconvenienced.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                              Sorry if it came across that I was critisising the price, nothing was further from my mind. Personally I think 3 grand is very cheap for a Surf even with a busted head. I paid 7500 for mine 18 months ago and the head went on it. I'm still happy with the car I got.

I've said before that a Surf is worth what someone is willig to pay for it. At 3 grand someone is getting a hell of bargain and if didn't already have one I might be interested in a piece of it.

I say good luck to Mick, sad that the car blotted it's history and personally I think it would be worth spending the money on and sorting out. You could end up with a worse situation with another car. Even new cars have problems, they might get fixed under warranty but you are still inconvenienced.

Cheers
                              if we donated a £1 each it would save micks surf, £1-114-00p
                              [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                              [size=5][/size]
                              [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
                              X