help - gps / pda battery replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help - gps / pda battery replacement

Hiya folks - not surf related - but in urgent need of some advice from any electronic minded persons...
    I have bought a high capacity (1800mAh) replacement battery for my pda (navman pin 300 mio168)
    the battery arrived fully charged - but once flat - it will not hold a charge for maore than a few seconds.
    DODGEY BATTERY YOU MAY WELL THINK.
    So I bought another battery from a different seller (ebay) and still same problems. the pda goes through the motions of being charged - bar graph scrolling - amber to green led status, - but once unplugged from charger the unit dies with low battery warning.
    both house and car charger do the same - yet work fine with original navman battery.
    Is there anything i'm not seeing here?? any tests / checks?
    I really needed this unit working before my hols next week - which is why i bought the battery afew weeks ago to test - but once again the whole world is set against me. everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!!!
    cheers folks
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

is the charger working properly? could be a loose wire somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
      is the charger working properly? could be a loose wire somewhere.
      Charger works fine with original battery - and shows to be charging when connected to navman.

Comment

won't help you i know, but i had a very similar thing with ebay replacement batteries for an O2 XDA exec. just doesn't like the replacement batteries at all.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Will a standard charger charge a hi power battery, have a look at the power ratings on the charger. If your trying to charge a battery of higher power than the charger can put out then some chargers go into shutdown so as not to destroy the battery.
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
            Will a standard charger charge a hi power battery, have a look at the power ratings on the charger. If your trying to charge a battery of higher power than the charger can put out then some chargers go into shutdown so as not to destroy the battery.

I think the battery is the same power output - just a larger capacity to last longer - 1800mAh as opposed to 1300 mAh standard.

Comment

Working...
            X