Bit torrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit torrent

Just a quickie. Just wondering if I might be able to ask a favour of someone who uses torrent software. Would anyone be able to try and download a few manuals for me? I have the torrent files, but hate having to open the firewall up for the torrent client, so trying to skive out of doing it here.

Cheers,

Matt

Originally posted by MattF
    Just a quickie. Just wondering if I might be able to ask a favour of someone who uses torrent software. Would anyone be able to try and download a few manuals for me? I have the torrent files, but hate having to open the firewall up for the torrent client, so trying to skive out of doing it here.

Cheers,

Matt
    yes mate pm them to me

Comment

why just not make a rule in firewall to allow torrent client to acess specified port ?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF

Cheers,

Matt

can you post torrent lin kso i can see if there is anything I can use?
        I'll gladly share once downloaded, my upstairs PC is always running.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF
          can you post torrent lin kso i can see if there is anything I can use?
          I'll gladly share once downloaded, my upstairs PC is always running.

They'll be up on the server for download once I get them. They're mostly old LC manuals.

Comment

Originally posted by horse_flesh
            why just not make a rule in firewall to allow torrent client to acess specified port ?
            'Cos it means having to add port and IP redirection rules plus port mapping rules. Plus, I would have to scour the documentation for the relevant mule prog to see which ports need opening. It's a pain, to say the least. Oh, plus I dislike programmes which swamp links with unnecessary traffic, of which torrent is a prime offender. Hence, I never use it.
            Last edited by MattF; 1 November 2007, 03:20.

Comment

Hi Matt

email me the links and I'll see what I can do. Also should also be able to do more, just email links.
              My other cars a QUAD
              (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
              http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
                Hi Matt

email me the links and I'll see what I can do. Also should also be able to do more, just email links.

Sledge has those torrents under control.

If you have any bits and bobs though, there's a ftp account setup for uploading files to. The more bits the merrier. The details for it are in this thread:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38202

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X