Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Luke4runner

Hi Luke,

Just been looking at your truck in the Wales post, and spotted your 33's GY MTR's, and was wondering how are they with the 3rd gens gearing?
    Looks great BTW

Mark
    Let taste be the enemy of art!

Originally posted by MrE
    Hi Luke,

Just been looking at your truck in the Wales post, and spotted your 33's GY MTR's, and was wondering how are they with the 3rd gens gearing?
    Looks great BTW

Mark
    Hiya Mark no problems with the MTRs really nice tyre they are a 285 75 16. I did a 2" suspension lift and a 2" body lift and no rubbing whatsoever. As for the gearing, i have seen the slightest bit of loss of power and i mean "slight" certaiinly alot less than i was expecting. My truck still shifts off the mark at the lights and was great at speeds on the motorway at the weekend.

I would say go for 285's if you can do the body lift, but might be a bit tight just with the suspension lift....

cheers

Luke

3rd Gen 4" Lift 33" Goodyear MTR's

Comment

My truck still shifts off the mark at the lights and was great at speeds on the motorway at the weekend.
      That sounds like good news They do look right on there, and if they don't effect the gearing to bad, I may go for some of them insted of a rear locker.

Just made a pair of rock/tree sliders today, you'll love em' 3" tube with formed ends, will do some pic's when they come back from the spray shop

Mark.....
      Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Originally posted by MrE
        Just made a pair of rock/tree sliders today, you'll love em' 3" tube with formed ends, will do some pic's when they come back from the spray shop

Mark.....
        Pics pics pics yes please!!
        3rd Gen 4" Lift 33" Goodyear MTR's

Comment

Got to say I really like the look of that truck. Never mind all the hairdresser mularky, I would be proud to own a truck like that. I even like the colour! (Not wanting to start a colour war again but I would prefer a blue one, just my choice mind you).
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
          X