Op's pardon me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Op's pardon me!

I burped! the cooling system today, let it run up to temp with this attached and waited for the bubbles to stop, apart from my finger slipping off the end and pouring coolant all over the intercooler it all went well,
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Good job. That's how i do mine. Electrical tape a bottle to the filler neck of the rad and wait until the bubbles stop. So simple, but so effective!!!

Comment

Nice intercooler...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

It works well Andy dose'nt it, toyota should supply a pop bottle and pipe with all their trucks,
        cheers Vultch, it's a wet one now

Comment

I'll have to get round to fitting mine oneday. It's all polished and everything, ready to go in.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            I'll have to get round to fitting mine oneday. It's all polished and everything, ready to go in.
            You mean this one? you made that one back when it was all imperial did'nt ya
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
              You mean this one? you made that one back when it was all imperial did'nt ya

Yeah, it has been awhile since I made it. It has a u-bend section with it too now. Two 45 degree copper elbows with short lengths of pipe to give it the correct direction back from the matrix to the feed from the turbo side of the engine. That u-bend is connected to the inline bleeder via a short length of hose. I'll have to dig the camera out and take another pic. It's still as shiney, btw.

As you probably noticed, I do tend to have a bit of a Brasso fetish where copper and brass are concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF

Yeah, it has been awhile since I made it. It has a u-bend section with it too now. Two 45 degree copper elbows with short lengths of pipe to give it the correct direction back from the matrix to the feed from the turbo side of the engine. That u-bend is connected to the inline bleeder via a short length of hose. I'll have to dig the camera out and take another pic. It's still as shiney, btw.

As you probably noticed, I do tend to have a bit of a Brasso fetish where copper and brass are concerned.
                Bet you struggled for work when they changed to s/s and plastic, all the pub lavvys used to be polished copper and brass

Comment

i think you get into trouble if you rub things too hard in a pub lavvy.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                  X