Veg Oil Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg Oil Ratio

With it getting a bit colder are any of you droping your ratio?

I am running with a 40ltr Veg and about 15ltr Dev still lumpy on start but once its warmed up after about a couple of miles it's fine

Had to laugh the other day while in wales I went into a Morrison's and bought 13 3ltr of veg oil ...I had parked slightly more out of sight and started to fill it up before filling with their Derv, one of there staff pulled up and gave me sh1tty looks then took my reg number..I finished filling the truck and walked over to his car took his reg number winked at him tapped the side of my nose and walked off.

Made me laugh

So what mix are your running

Originally posted by madcampbell

I am running with a 40ltr Veg and about 15ltr Dev still lumpy on start but once its warmed up after about a couple of miles it's fine

Had to laugh the other day while in wales I went into a Morrison's and bought 13 3ltr of veg oil ...I had parked slightly more out of sight and started to fill it up before filling with their Derv, one of there staff pulled up and gave me sh1tty looks then took my reg number..I finished filling the truck and walked over to his car took his reg number winked at him tapped the side of my nose and walked off.

Made me laugh

I am running abot 70% ish at the mo but iam mixing white spirit in with mine before putting into the tank
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

still 50/50 at the mo and no probs,,
      but tescos have upped the price of the 15lt drums now it £10.09 and if it gets any higher im going back to derv as the messing about to go and bet it is not worth it
      i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

93% veg 7% white spirit in my twin tank system. No probs except explaining how it works to every tom dick and harry
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell

Made me laugh

HAHA!!

im using 50% (well i did this: 15litre veg, 15 litre diesel, 1 litre white spirit)

it wont start unless i tap the throttle, otherwise it will start and then cut out as it misses quite badly.
          if i tap the throttle, then press idle up once its idling it smooths out within 5 seconds or so
          i need to change/check my glow plugs though
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

30l veg oil and 15l diesel. No difference now the frosty mornings are here.
            200w filter heater switched on manually a few minutes before startup helps alot. No miss and no rough idle.
            Powered by Toyota!

Comment

mine is running surprisingly well at the mo on 80% veg and 20% diesel.
              lumpy for 2 secs on a cold start but as long as I drive off straight away its fine.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I just topped up with diesel... Truck ran fine but was a little lumpy when cold on my 75% veg mix, may reduce it to 1/4 veg for teh winter, but as said here, the price is going up, its almost not worth the agro for a lower veg mix.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

I'm going to go down to around 1/3rd Veg soon. Running half and half at the mo, but can't really risk a sudden really cold morning and not being able to start.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                    I just topped up with diesel... Truck ran fine but was a little lumpy when cold on my 75% veg mix, may reduce it to 1/4 veg for the winter, but as said here, the price is going up, its almost not worth the agro for a lower veg mix.
                    While I was in Wales Diesel was £1.03 a ltre and Veg oil £2 for 3 ltre
                    For the week away I filled up from empty 3 times covering 1200km using

The diesel bill would have been @£1 per ltre on average £165 based on 3 55ltr fills
                    What I did was
                    39 ltr Veg @ £2 for 3ltr and topped off with 16 ltr of diesel @ £1 ltr
                    Bill was £126

Saving was £39 which gives me roughly every 5th Tank free

I found the the 3 ltr veg oil just fit into the diesel tank opening with out the need for a funnle..just open move close and flip it into place took me max 15 mins the whole process

Mark

Comment

I've been using veggie oil on and off but as you say the price is going up. I think the shops are getting wise to it being used as a fuel now the duty implications have been relaxed and are cashing in on it.

I have a local fuel station selling biodiesel at the pump for 8p less than derv. Not sure on the mix but it sure smells like a chippy when I fill up on it.
                      Ian
                      One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Dropped from 60 % veg 40% diesel to 40% veg 60% diesel (approx) still running fine. Only disappointment was finding Lidl had upped the price of veggie by 12p a litre in one week!

56p a litre to 68p, daylight robbery if you ask me.

Was £8.40 for a box of 15 now £10.20.
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                          mine is running surprisingly well at the mo on 80% veg and 20% diesel.
                          lumpy for 2 secs on a cold start but as long as I drive off straight away its fine.
                          Good point there! Drive away while the glow-plug system is still heating. It takes ages if you wait for operating temp. to be reached before you drive off. I say drive off after a minute or so and keep the revs. below 2000. If you have a coolant heat-exchanger it will start working after a few minutes driving.
                          About the veg oil price increases- bit of doom there as there is no top-limit. In alot of countries veg oil costs much more than diesel. Has the government got a plan to gain more income from the gross sale of new veg oil than they would have trying to get users to be honest and pay duty????