keep trucking...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep trucking...?

Not sure yet, but I think I just found the replacement to our truck. I love my truck to bits but there have been a few times recently where we have both agreed that especially with Baby Dexter, an estate car would suit our lifestyle better.

I just went to look at an almost immaculate T5 Volvo Estate (i know, i know ) that I thought was underpriced and found that not only is it as good as it looked in the ad but that it is also modified from 250 to 312bhp!

As it was getting dark when I viewed it, I'm going to go back in the daylight and do the test drive and smoke etc. checks and if it's still all good then I think it will be a purchase.

So, it may be that the Snoop-de-Ville is up for sale shortly so if anyone might be interested in a raised 3.0 with full engine rebuild and awesome (no really - AWESOME!) sound system then drop me a pm. If I am actually putting it up for sale then I will pay the fees and stick it in the for sale section.
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Don't get a volvo ..........it was the bigest mistake i ever made .

My parents have had volvos for nearly 30 years so i thought i would get on , a V40 td in 3 years it cost me nearly 3 k in repairs plus the serviceing on top
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

both my family and Lottie's family have had them as family or company cars at one time or another over the years and never had any problems - my dad had a V70 T5 exactly the same as the one I am looking at. I guess any car can be the exception and in the estate market, the Volvo has the kind of boot space we are looking for.

I'm still wavering, so it may not happen. I've spent a lot of money on the truck recently, new shocks, brakes, etc. so still in two minds.

Comment

Had Volvo V70 hire cars for long periods in the past. Couldn't really fault them. Great motorway cars, just eat the miles. Loads of room, comfy etc.

A better car for long journeys than the Surf for sure, and as you say, probably more practical for getting ankle-biters in and out than a raised truck.

Get your Volvo now, and come back in five years with a 4th Gen
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I loved my V70 T5. Definately a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Had it for 2 years and apart from being a bit thirsty,(may have more to do with the lead foot ), I couldn't fault it. Apart from the uaual servicing, only problem I had was the ABS module. Expensive dealer only part so just left it. When I part-ex'd it, it had 230k on the clock & still running sweet as a nut.

The auto in sports mode is something else!!
          Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

call me mad here,but i have a 4 and 5 yr old,so we needed a family car,couldnt bring myself to drive people carrier(its a van with windows!!!!!!!arghhhhhhh),so decided estate,then looked at surf,and its a raised estate,that why i got one??

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
              call me mad here,but i have a 4 and 5 yr old,so we needed a family car,couldnt bring myself to drive people carrier(its a van with windows!!!!!!!arghhhhhhh),so decided estate,then looked at surf,and its a raised estate,that why i got one??
              I agree - it is, but I think the difference is the age of our son - 9 months. He is still in a baby seat and both me and the trouble are about 5ft 4 and the truck is lifted 2" on larger wheels and tyres and it's just quite awkward to get him strapped in and out. That's only one reason, there are others and we just feel that perhaps it's the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                I agree - it is, but I think the difference is the age of our son - 9 months. He is still in a baby seat and both me and the trouble are about 5ft 4 and the truck is lifted 2" on larger wheels and tyres and it's just quite awkward to get him strapped in and out. That's only one reason, there are others and we just feel that perhaps it's the right time.
                the cheapest option is to knock up a hop-up as the little 'un is in a car seat there is room in the seat well for it - problem sorted, you can reach, you keep the truck and little 'un keeps a good view
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                  Speak to Apache, he might be able to hook you up with a few extra inches height - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Vixen-Footwear
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Working...
                  X