• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adm_sx
    seems almost relevant....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27727

Well Woolworths have started
    think im the last one on there but i still cant figure how to get down the blasted chimney

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
      i just had to get rid of my springer spaniel pup 6 months old he was i loved him to bits but he had my kids a few times then nearly had baby so he had to go now im lost without him but least he wont bite the kids now n some so called friend didnt like i got rid of him n said i was cruel n if i ever have another dog they will report me to rspca for cruelty. hmmmmmmm some friends,they think more of dog than of humans what was i spose to do keep him n let him have the kids n baby n bite them god id be in sh@@ street then even more so i cant win either way. 2 different vets said he was well looked after dog n very healthy so am i really cruel what would you guys do in that case
      You did the right thing, your family's safety comes first, ignore what your friends think. I had a dog that attacked my son when he was a toddler so ferociously that I had no regrets taking the dog straight to the vet to be put down. I missed him but there are plenty nice dogs needing homes.

Jacqueline

Comment

I have a baby on the way(well the wife does anyway) and we have 2 dogs that are very friendly, but the first sign of agression and its straight off to be rehomed, zero tolerance.

Once a biter always a tendancy to bite
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Ok this post very relevant for me tonight, I,ve just left a guide dog owner who's dog leaves her tommorrow because of illness, she is going in to GD hospital to start long term treatment.

This women now faces weeks of white stick work, lonelyness and worry but she will suffer it all because she is hoping more than anything the Jackie pulls through and they will work together again. If she dosen't become fit enough to work she will live the rest of her life with our friends as a pet.

When we talk about our pet dogs we can never really know how a GD owner feels about their dog which gives them eyes, independance and companionship.

Having said all this, if a dog shows any sign of aggression then if MUST be removed from any siutuation where it can cause harm, you can never afford to give a dog a second chance because even small dogs can take kids faces and eye.

So to finish, Right choice to all those that say people before the dogs.

Tony
          www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

ty guys i feel bit better now knowing i was right but cant get one from rspca as my kids are to young . i'll have to play with the one on the nintendo ds lol

Comment

Apply to Guide Dogs for a withdrawn dog, this means it was not right for GD, but will still be a perfectly trained dog.

You may have to wait a while, but who knows, if you have any problems getting through to someone contact me

Tony
              www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tonytom
                Apply to Guide Dogs for a withdrawn dog, this means it was not right for GD, but will still be a perfectly trained dog.

You may have to wait a while, but who knows, if you have any problems getting through to someone contact me

Tony
                i sent you pm m8 n do some have agression or if any sign of they dont except?

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                  Harley is not nasty, he's just protective of his "space", and a little misunderstood.
                  He's a feckin mentalist!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by tonytom

Tony
                    That sounds ideal for us. I'd like a lab, but Vicki doesn't want the training hassle. Can you post more details?
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

All our dogs are raised to interact with children, cats and other dogs they must shown no agression to anything.

they can be withdrawn from training because they will not trael on public transport or some such silly reason, but are never offered if there is a temperment problem.

Normally around 15 to 18 months old and ideal for a family.

Anyone interested can contact me and I'll put you in touch

all the best
                      Tony
                      www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Speaking of dangerous dogs!! i would'nt reccomend entering the garden while this one's out, bit's me and i feed it,
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                        X