picture request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picture request

ive decided im going to fit a roof bar on my surf with 4 spot lights , what with it getting dark early and the clocks going forward in the next couple of weeks, i want plenty of light for when im rescuing the pajero again (only joking) just wondered who else has roof mounted spots and how they are mounted, i.e what type of bar and how its attached
    cheers
    animal
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

dunno about you, but i'm putting my clocks back!
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Ive got a roof light pod, Got it from Direct4x4.com its a awesome bit of kit!!

If i were you an you were 100% sure on going for the light bar route. Id PM joker... he had his old one in the swap thread a while back!

Comment

i bought a set of these, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180144799497 turned the lights round in the housings and moved the grommets to the other side then screwed them directly into the roof. I've now changed me mind and gonna end up repairing the screw holes and fixing them to a roof bar methinks.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

I have. Got 6 x 55watt on there. Just finished angling them down and to the side so I get good coverage close in on the Strata this weekend...

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach

Ive got a roof light pod, Got it from Direct4x4.com its a awesome bit of kit!!

If i were you an you were 100% sure on going for the light bar route. Id PM joker... he had his old one in the swap thread a while back!
            Wow fair play thats a lush truck mate.

Comment

light

Originally posted by Mitsy
              Wow fair play thats a lush truck mate.
              Any pics of your light pod switched on at night/early evening...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                I have. Got 6 x 55watt on there. Just finished angling them down and to the side so I get good coverage close in on the Strata this weekend...

now thats what im thinking of, seen a single roof bar in halfrauds for about £30, and a mate can get me some cheap spots , are all your lights wired up together or do you have seperate relays etc for each pair

Comment

Originally posted by animal
                  now thats what im thinking of, seen a single roof bar in halfrauds for about £30, and a mate can get me some cheap spots , are all your lights wired up together or do you have seperate relays etc for each pair
                  All wired together, one relay. 23amps total (on 14.4v) and using a 40A relay and 30A cable. Feed to the relay coil from full beam, via a switch so I can disable them.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    All wired together, one relay. 23amps total (on 14.4v) and using a 40A relay and 30A cable. Feed to the relay coil from full beam, via a switch so I can disable them.
                    superb cheers mate

Comment

Check this out.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=roof+lights

Comment

Re

This is gonna be my next mod!

How easy is the roof light pod that you have to fit Rod?

Any chance of a set of guidelines?

Cheers!

Gary

BTW It looks brill, I WANT ONE! Only thing is getting the right match for my Surf, I have tried the colour code on the info plate but it is totally different, go figure?

G

Comment

Working...
                        X