i dont frack*%N belive it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont frack*%N belive it

well if my rad repair goes $$$5 up tonight so does my trip to wales,i am so pi55ed i cant spell properly
    why wait till now for the bl00dy rad to start leaking,its only 3 s0dding months old,never.ever ever buy a rad from milners,i think im going to have to beat the night watchman up when he comes in just so i can get it all off my chest

aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Originally posted by gwh200
    well if my rad repair goes $$$5 up tonight so does my trip to wales,i am so pi55ed i cant spell properly
    why wait till now for the bl00dy rad to start leaking,its only 3 s0dding months old,never.ever ever buy a rad from milners,i think im going to have to beat the night watchman up when he comes in just so i can get it all off my chest

aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    Got one from eBay 2 years ago for £130. Still going strongish...

Next time I'll be buying a genuine toyota part methinks. Like brakes, it's something you really dont want to fail in the middle of nowhere!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

just been for another look(after running it up to temp),it seems to be the bottom left hand corner of the bottom tank,its only weeping(phew)
      so am going to rub some stop seal on it and go for the rad weld option,just enough to get me through the weekend
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

just been for another look(after running it up to temp),it seems to be the bottom left hand corner of the bottom tank,its only weeping(phew)
        so am going to rub some stop seal on it and go for the rad weld option,just enough to get me through the weekend
        Can you get in there with solder?
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

am going to screwfix on way home they stock leak fix(two pack stuff ,one a monomer blend and a hardener),have used it before,and it seems to work well,along with some radweld it should at the very least let me get to wales.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

am going to screwfix on way home they stock leak fix(two pack stuff ,one a monomer blend and a hardener),have used it before,and it seems to work well,along with some radweld it should at the very least let me get to wales.
            Take care with radweld or block and then crack!!! Im scared if the stuff. Theres other stuff available not quite so harsh. I had heard of some soldering it and it being permanent, soldering iron and solder is only £4 or so, and thats a forget about it option.

Hope you gat it sorted buddy, have a good time in walesy land where the sheep roam free, and all things are very.... well... welsh n stuff thingies.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

If you can afford it, order one from r/trax ( £165.00 I think) and it will probably be with you tomorrow of the next day, and if you don't have time to fit it, you could bring it with you, and fit it there if there is time, or if the old one gives up, then you can make time.

Plus of course, there will be lots of people to help you with if needs be.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Avoid using Radweld like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  I used it once but i think i got away with it, it blocked the pipe from cap to expansion tank and pressurised the system, pipe blew before head fortunately
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                    Take care with radweld or block and then crack!!! Im scared if the stuff. Theres other stuff available not quite so harsh. I had heard of some soldering it and it being permanent, soldering iron and solder is only £4 or so, and thats a forget about it option.

Hope you gat it sorted buddy, have a good time in walesy land where the sheep roam free, and all things are very.... well... welsh n stuff thingies.
                    Doubt a £4 electrical soldering iron will be man enough. Blowtorch might be better? The top and bottom tanks are brass on the original aint they?

The Milner one is probably made of that cardboard they use for tetrapack milk cartons!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      I successfully sealed a head crack on a Pug 205 with radweld

Kept me going for about a year before it gave up again, but by then I'd sold it on for the same as i payed for it! (£150 )

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        Doubt a £4 electrical soldering iron will be man enough. Blowtorch might be better? The top and bottom tanks are brass on the original aint they?

The Milner one is probably made of that cardboard they use for tetrapack milk cartons!
                        Lidls doing a blowtorch solder kit just now for £6.99 butane job with the solder.

But wont work on the cartons i grant you
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                          Lidls doing a blowtorch solder kit just now for £6.99 butane job with the solder.

But wont work on the cartons i grant you
                          That would probably be just the job, if Milners rads are solderable.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                            That would probably be just the job, if Milners rads are solderable.
                            maybe not but you can put them in your recycle bin
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

If you need a blowtorch on the trip, let me know, I'll bring mine along with some flux and a roll of solder.
                              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                              X