She went bang!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the thermostat was down to me

The original rad perforated on the top tank so I removed the stat to ease the pressure, just to get home, and the silicon is the only thing on board to seal it all!

Forgot to replace it when I fitted a new rad!

Sorry dude, oh BTW I overheated it a few times, long before you had it and the head is spot on.

See this is the problem with the big 2.4 head debate, it causes far too much unecessary concern.

I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno

The original rad perforated on the top tank so I removed the stat to ease the pressure, just to get home, and the silicon is the only thing on board to seal it all!

Sorry dude, oh BTW I overheated it a few times, long before you had it and the head is spot on.

See this is the problem with the big 2.4 head debate, it causes far too much unecessary concern.

I don't think there is any debate they go pop get replaced then there's no more concern. Well I hope not co's then I'd have to start worrying again.

Hope it's all sorted now Cheers JB
      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Danno

lol that good to know. Its fitted now and going fine, the temp stays right where it should. It warms up so much quicker which is good as i have a heated fuel cat to ease the veg through and the quicker the coolant warms the better for that!

Thanks for the advise, even though its a great truck and i am confident its still in good nick, i think its natural for us all (3rd gens too!) to worry about the worst. At least we will take better care of them and should notice if there is a problem before it gets too expensive.
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Not that I'm one to harp on, but if people gave their cooling system a full service when they first got a Surf, you wouldn't have been running without a 'stat. Not that I'm one to keep preaching, you understand.

Comment

i have deja' vu
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
              i have deja' vu
              Bless you.

Comment

yup all gone now matey

although i did have my auxilliary fan running non stop this morning,and it turned out to be the sender unit feed wire ,and its broken state,

so not to great on my "coolant" service then
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

although i did have my auxilliary fan running non stop this morning,and it turned out to be the sender unit feed wire ,and its broken state,

so not to great on my "coolant" service then
                  Nowt wrong with that. It's a failsafe failure, so not one that goes into the C.M list.

Comment

phew!!!!

thats a relief,still have a clean slate!!
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

phew!!!!

thats a relief,still have a clean slate!!
                      It's a fairly safe guess that you'll get there one day though.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        Not that I'm one to harp on, but if people gave their cooling system a full service when they first got a Surf, you wouldn't have been running without a 'stat. Not that I'm one to keep preaching, you understand.

you make a very good point. But in my defense this is the first car i have owned which i am doing pretty much all the work myself. I think most people will agree you gotta start somewhere and learn from your mistakes! I just hope others can learn from mine.

No harm seems to have been done this time but i am still having fun working on her , although my girlfriend doesn't seem to think the same way!
                        Last edited by drunkmonkeyboy; 31 October 2007, 12:23.
                        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                          you make a very good point. But in my defense this is the first car i have owned which i am doing pretty much all the work myself. I think most people will agree you gotta start somewhere and learn from your mistakes! I just hope others can learn from mine.

No harm seems to oh been done this time but i am still having fun working on her , although my girlfriend doesn't seem to think the same way!
                          That's what it's all about having fun. and there's alway's someone here to show you how to wield the spanners.
                          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                            No harm seems to have been done this time but i am still having fun working on her , although my girlfriend doesn't seem to think the same way!
                            Yet another Surf widow.

Comment

Working...
                            X