She went bang!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She went bang!!

well went out to take the dog out on the moors this morning, and to see if i could find anymore fords (found 2) was out for about an hour and a half just got the the top of my road went to reverse back to get a parking space an it went bang!! lots of steam and she bumped her guts on the road!! quickly found a space and had a look. The middle hose had blown off from the engine side!!

I am hoping that this is a problem with the hoses as i have had to change a couple in the last few months. So have ordered a new hose and rad cap to be sure. i have a gas tester for the dreaded head crack and last time i did it it was fine (did not think it was damaged as i have not overheated it since i first bought it from danno a year ago, just paranoid) have not really had any trouble since which would make me think its the head. i did notice a few days ago whilst looking into my power steering pump leak that it had lost about 500ml of coolant, could see it was coming from some hoses at the front left of the engine. took them off cleaned them up and seemed ok,till today.

Nearly there if you managed to get this far. So my question is could i be very lucky in not only having her dump on the floor about 10 yards from my house, but also it being a problem with the hoses getting worn with age (they do look a bit sorry for them selfs) and the metal fittings being a bit rusty? like i said gonna change the hose and jubilee clips and rad cap any other suggestions?!?!?!?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, did tell the misses but got about as much interest from her as a paedophile gets in an old peoples home
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Well, hoses do go, especially ones that are nearly 20 years old. So if it passes the gas test then you should be OK.

BTW, if you want to know what fords are around you... www.wetroads.co.uk
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
      Well, hoses do go, especially ones that are nearly 20 years old. So if it passes the gas test then you should be OK.

Theres one right near me, 10 miles or so, guess where ill be later? I got that from the link btw
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie

cheers chap i was hoping for something like that. will keep my fingers crossed and pray.

gonna check out the link now to see where i can go and play when i get a chance to fix her!

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
          cheers chap i was hoping for something like that. will keep my fingers crossed and pray.

gonna check out the link now to see where i can go and play when i get a chance to fix her!
          hey Mike i went out to Baldhu on sunday and thats a good place to play out there for £10 all day playing
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yeah i saw your post and pics, it looks good we will have to get a group together to try it again before next years srtts, you know just to make sure its going to be ok . hopfully i would of been able to get my truck sorted am gonna service it with my dad and get it sorted properly! stop some of the smoke screen it makes!

Comment

Yeah i saw your post and pics, it looks good we will have to get a group together to try it again before next years srtts, you know just to make sure its going to be ok . hopfully i would of been able to get my truck sorted am gonna service it with my dad and get it sorted properly! stop some of the smoke screen it makes!
              will be getting the driveshaft sorted in a couple of weeks so i will have 4wd back then

Comment

hi rich
                next time you go to that site give me a shout it looked like you had a good day there for a tenner.
                cheers shaun
                NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

I think you will find that your truck has already had the head done

I am sure Paul (Dunno) had it done long before it went to Danno

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Got several pages of fords guides from TOR last month and this month and another magazine that'll remain unnamed, i'll get em up later on so keep an eye out for them.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
                      hi rich
                      next time you go to that site give me a shout it looked like you had a good day there for a tenner.
                      cheers shaun
                      i will do Shaun

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        I think you will find that your truck has already had the head done

I am sure Paul (Dunno) had it done long before it went to Danno

Trev

I think you told me that before. I was just having a bit of a rant and hoping to be cheered up a little. That does make me feel a little better knowing that it has been fixed. I was sure it was just the heater hoses and rusty connectors. roughtrax do a hose kit for about £120. Which is better than nearly a grand for the head to be done

Comment

Bad luck mate, hope it's not too bad
                          My other cars a QUAD
                          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Update

Right have had time and the parts to fix my truck. I found something interesting when i was out there. I have had a new thermostat to fit so when to take the old one out and it wasn't there!!! there was some silicone there instead! after cleaning it all up fitted new one no probs. Would this be an issue i did notice it was a lot quicker to warm up but my heaters inside did not blow warm?!? do i have a blockage some were?!? I do remember reading somewhere on here that someone else had the same problem, am about to do a search. if anyone has some info that would be nice.

I changed the hose that came off and cleaned up the bit it attaches to, it was covered in a salt like coating that came off when i s$$$$ed it. I cleaned it all down to the metal and used new jubliee clips too.

seems to be ok but not taken it out yet, oh i changed the rad cap to be sure too. If anyone can think of anything (even simple stuff, i am a simple person) i may of forgotten of that might help please post i appreciate any help offered.

Thanks again

Comment

Right have had time and the parts to fix my truck. I found something interesting when i was out there. I have had a new thermostat to fit so when to take the old one out and it wasn't there!!! there was some silicone there instead! after cleaning it all up fitted new one no probs. Would this be an issue i did notice it was a lot quicker to warm up but my heaters inside did not blow warm?!? do i have a blockage some were?!? I do remember reading somewhere on here that someone else had the same problem, am about to do a search. if anyone has some info that would be nice.

I changed the hose that came off and cleaned up the bit it attaches to, it was covered in a salt like coating that came off when i s$$$$ed it. I cleaned it all down to the metal and used new jubliee clips too.

seems to be ok but not taken it out yet, oh i changed the rad cap to be sure too. If anyone can think of anything (even simple stuff, i am a simple person) i may of forgotten of that might help please post i appreciate any help offered.

Thanks again

Hello mate.

The white salty stuff like powder is coolant that has leaked and dried out. You will notice this around the edges of hoses if they have a slight weep.

The lack of a thermostat is more worrying. To remove a thermostat allows the engine coolant to circulate better as there is no restriction and it also keeps the coolant cooler because of this. It's a get out of jail card if your engine is overheating. If the head has been done, then maybe they forgot to fit the thermostat. When I did my head, I also bought a brand new sender unit so that my temp gauge was reading correct. There was nothing wrong with the old one, but I wanted to be on the safe side. Keep an eye on the temp gauge now you have a thermostat fitted. Also check the hoses regularly for pressure build up. If there is gas getting into the coolant from a cracked head then the hoses will be very hard and the header tank will dump coolant. if the hoses get hard very quickly and it dumps coolant suspect a cracked head (or head gasket). Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X