Tennyson trail update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennyson trail update

For all of you who questioned the tennysdon trail debate...is it closed or not Yes sadly this has been confirmed by the isle of wight council that due to irresponsible peeps in 4x4 rigs it has been closed for good. Much uproar on the island re this but sadly council didnt back down and was supported by farmers in locality. Only Wight Horses lady in lanrover (taxi for dirty people) allowed to use it!
    Dunno posted the county press article back in august if you want to read about it.
    Last edited by heleneaustin; 23 October 2007, 14:59.
    HELEN xx

well there's a funny thing i took my daughter and two grandsons along the tennyson today
    and i did not see 1 notice Postedto say it closed and all the walkers/cyclists and the golfers where smiling too
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by heleneaustin
      For all of you who questioned the tennysdon trail debate...is it closed or not Yes sadly this has been confirmed by the isle of wight council that due to irresponsible peeps in 4x4 rigs it has been closed for good. Much uproar on the island re this but sadly council didnt back down and was supported by farmers in locality. Only Wight Horses lady in lanrover (taxi for dirty people) allowed to use it!
      Dunno posted the county press article back in august if you want to read about it.
      I called into the council offices today and asked about the closure and they informed me that it is NOT closed yet! they said that it will be closed during November and it will be a TOTAL ban through the winter months, and it will open again in the summer months but you will need a licence which will be issued for taxi's and disabled.

So you have a couple of weeks BEFORE the ban is enforced if you wish to have one Last Final Trip!

They said that it will be published in our local paper WWW.IWCP.co.uk when the ban is put into force!

Paul

just found the article that was printed back in August HERE
      Last edited by Dunno; 30 October 2007, 22:38.
      DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

I have just come off the phone with the ROW dept, it's a done deal, the trail is now off limits

They are making the signs as we speak and the order has already been signed

Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
        X