diesel/veg oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel/veg oil leak

hi all, ive been using 50/50 mix diesel veg oil . the last mix i did was 20 litres of each with a 750ml of white spirit , that was using ktc veg oil (says modified soya on the carton),now this morning i started up with a leak that stopped after a few yards and the surf would hardly pull away till the leak stopped.
    now ive just bought 30 litres of rapeseed oil which i think appears to be thinner, and some turps substitute, should i put more turps in to thin it?
    or more % diesel, or am i barking up the wrong tree completely?
    Grant

Originally posted by paintballer
    hi all, ive been using 50/50 mix diesel veg oil . the last mix i did was 20 litres of each with a 750ml of white spirit , that was using ktc veg oil (says modified soya on the carton),now this morning i started up with a leak that stopped after a few yards and the surf would hardly pull away till the leak stopped.
    now ive just bought 30 litres of rapeseed oil which i think appears to be thinner, and some turps substitute, should i put more turps in to thin it?
    or more % diesel, or am i barking up the wrong tree completely?
    You need to replace the top seal of your pump really, and maybe get a fuel heater.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
      You need to replace the top seal of your pump really, and maybe get a fuel heater.
      ok leaking again, so tomorrows task is fix leak if i can source a gasket, or silicone it maybe ?
      Grant

Comment

Originally posted by paintballer
        ok leaking again, so tomorrows task is fix leak if i can source a gasket, or silicone it maybe ?
        you can get the seal kit from milners and the O ring you can buy a pack of assorted sizes from B&Q or Halfords for a couple of £'s
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
        X