cut out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cut out

just recently my surf ( 2.4 ) has been running a bit rough and cutting out , today it just gave up and would not start back up, could this be a fuel filter problem ?
    it did over heat a little bit ( had a new head last year ) it never went over half way on the dial and there is no oil in the water or smoke , any ideas please

Originally posted by Burslem
    just recently my surf ( 2.4 ) has been running a bit rough and cutting out , today it just gave up and would not start back up, could this be a fuel filter problem ?
    it did over heat a little bit ( had a new head last year ) it never went over half way on the dial and there is no oil in the water or smoke , any ideas please
    Give McLaren a call, they've been having the same problem today.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Could be a blocked rad if it overheated a little, or thermostat, is it losin coolant? fuel filter change could be a good idea.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

thanks one good answer out of two isn't bad , radiator is pretty new but you are right it could do with a flush , i have had a problem with a loose belt and the alternator wasn't charging the batteries up , just trying to give as much info as possible

Comment

thanks one good answer out of two isn't bad , radiator is pretty new but you are right it could do with a flush , i have had a problem with a loose belt and the alternator wasn't charging the batteries up , just trying to give as much info as possible
          could loose belt be not turning water pump well enough, and it sounds as though a service and some routine maintenance could sort it. Belts tightened etc. Big recomendation is run tank down near empty and put a whole bottle of redex through the system
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Batteries could be done mate, Same happened on mine. If the guage never went over half way, i wouldnt worry too much. The dial tends to only start moving when your in sh!t street.

Get a new fuel filter from Milners an fill it with redex, give it a blast, If it starts up an runs ....great! If not, then check out the batteries for charge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
              could loose belt be not turning water pump well enough, and it sounds as though a service and some routine maintenance could sort it. Belts tightened etc. Big recomendation is run tank down near empty and put a whole bottle of redex through the system

Or fill the new filter with Redex before you fit it.

Comment

Working...
              X