No announcement yet.

Butter or marge, wot are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither, I'm allergic to dairy. Horrible stuff......

Comment

I've eaten marg all my life, never even had butter in a house untill living with Linda, she has it all the time!

Am I fawked?!?!?!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

We have Clover!

Comment

Soon enough our government will decide,

They are winning the war on smoking ( good thing some might say) Their next two targets are alcohol and fatties. Dont tell me you havent noticed all the subtle hints coming at you lately. Binge drinking warnings, middle classes overdoing the vin rouge warnings, were a nation of lard arses warnings, kids dont exercise enough warnings. This is because all of these things are deemed to be a drain on the NHS and this government and whatever one you vote in next are going all out to sort it because the NHS is fast becoming unaffordable. Not necessarily a bad thing I suppose but we all get caught up in it. Im neither an alkie nor a lard arse, but I enjoy a drink and I enjoy certain foods occasionally that are probably on the "bad" list. The days coming when youll be a social outcast if you persist on eating things from that list or if you take more than the occasional tipple. War on the motorist is already ongoing

Ive always preferred butter by the way.

Bogus
          Last edited by Bogus; 20 October 2007, 20:03. Reason: removal of extraneous word
          Сви можемо

Comment

I did'nt post it as a factual statement just as it was passed to me, for debate, personally i take it as i take all other "reports" about whats good and bad for you, i still eat WTF i want as long as i can eat it, drink it, or smoke it,
            i've heard the arguments and it's my choice, regarding marg, i never could stand it, i still remember the $hit margarine (butter substuite), saccarine (sugar substute) and egg, milk powder, just after the war, when i was a kid,
            i always thought thats why marge was "invented" cos most of our supplys were at the bottom of the atlantic, anyhoo still hate it, ya dont know what your eating these days anyway, feeler gauge ham thats wet through in a pack, what happened to off the bone with fat and breadcrumbs on it, luverly
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
              ..... what happened to off the bone with fat and breadcrumbs on it, luverly
              Ahh, you'd be looking for real food then , sadly a rare thing in this age of processed gak.
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                Ahh, you'd be looking for real food then , sadly a rare thing in this age of processed gak.
                Mcdonalds is real food!... they have pictures of the potato farmers and the burgers have actual gherkin in them!!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  Mcdonalds is real food!... they have pictures of the potato farmers and the burgers have actual gherkin in them!!
                  Here's a thing to ponder...

My wife recently worked in the company that supports all of McDirty's IT systems. On a few occasions she had to go to McD's head office in Finchley.

In head office they have a staff restaurant. This is, of course, fully fitted and kitted with the furnishings and equipment that any McD's restaurant (and I use that word against my better judgement) would have.

The food, however, is a different story...

They serve everything that you'd find on a normal McD's menu apart from one small difference; everything is prepared daily from fresh, top-quality ingredients by the in-house chefs. This means that all the burgers are made from 100% high-quality cuts of beef that the chefs mince themselves. All the chips are hand cut from potatos. All the salad is made fresh daily. Eggs come in shells rather than in pre-cooked form. Basically, all the photos that you see in McD's that show you what they sell are most probably of the stuff that the chefs in the head office restaurant prepare.

Comment

Originally posted by MadcapMagician
                    Here's a thing to ponder...

My wife recently worked in the company that supports all of McDirty's IT systems. On a few occasions she had to go to McD's head office in Finchley.

In head office they have a staff restaurant. This is, of course, fully fitted and kitted with the furnishings and equipment that any McD's restaurant (and I use that word against my better judgement) would have.

The food, however, is a different story...

They serve everything that you'd find on a normal McD's menu apart from one small difference; everything is prepared daily from fresh, top-quality ingredients by the in-house chefs. This means that all the burgers are made from 100% high-quality cuts of beef that the chefs mince themselves. All the chips are hand cut from potatos. All the salad is made fresh daily. Eggs come in shells rather than in pre-cooked form. Basically, all the photos that you see in McD's that show you what they sell are most probably of the stuff that the chefs in the head office restaurant prepare.
                    Go's to show dont it, they could'nt make enough profiet if they had a real cook/chef at each outlet, the public have to put up with the pre packed, regurgatated cr@p, dont like McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried rat, none of em, best burger i ever had was made by a chef in a resturant i was working in, butiful

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                      Go's to show dont it, they could'nt make enough profiet if they had a real cook/chef at each outlet, the public have to put up with the pre packed, regurgatated cr@p, dont like McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried rat, none of em, best burger i ever had was made by a chef in a resturant i was working in, butiful

If you fancy a trek.... Theres a burger bar in Ostend that i went in while i was in europe.... fcuking stunning mate!! Totally perfect!

Comment

Sorry I cannot let this one go

BUTTER OR BUTTER OR BUTTER

There is NO alternative

(my mum used to buy Stork SB)

uurgh it makes me feel ill - So many times I have returned spuds and sarnies to shops as when I am asked if I want butter i say yes and then they go and put bloomin marg on - YYYYYUUUUKKKKKKKK.
                        I would rather eat dry breadthan eat marg. so there. ner ner ner ner ner.

(Yes I have been drinking, only one glass though)

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                          If you fancy a trek.... Theres a burger bar in Ostend that i went in while i was in europe.... fcuking stunning mate!! Totally perfect!
                          Ah now your talking about forign country's where people dont put up with the cr@p we do,

Comment

i drove a group of 49 old ladies to th loire valley once,and whilst looking round a market with our hotelier,he bought some litle partidges,and bu55er me about 5 hours later i was eating one of them and it was delicious!!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                            X