No announcement yet.

Help i'm becoming a post whore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you get some silicon spray and spray it on the back window rubber,say once a week it helps greatly in thr window operation.if its an emergencey you can use furniture polish,btw have no idea(apart from avatar pic) where u find post counts,have only just found out how to post pics!!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

No doubt this is controversial, but is it only me that finds this seeming obsession with post counts a bit sad and pathetic?

Has anyone stopped and given it some thought as to how easy it is to get post counts in the thousands if thats what you want. What would happen to the forum if every member had this fetish ?? Would all the bandwidth and other internetty stuff get eaten up in a week? Would it crash?
      Does having the most posts make one more lovable ( other than to yourself). Does it make you a better person
      Not meaning to offend, just opening up a disussion ( and maybe creating opportunities for someone to get his count up)

Or am I just being a killjoy ?

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
        No doubt this is controversial, but is it only me that finds this seeming obsession with post counts a bit sad and pathetic?

Has anyone stopped and given it some thought as to how easy it is to get post counts in the thousands if thats what you want. What would happen to the forum if every member had this fetish ?? Would all the bandwidth and other internetty stuff get eaten up in a week? Would it crash?
        Does having the most posts make one more lovable ( other than to yourself). Does it make you a better person
        Not meaning to offend, just opening up a disussion ( and maybe creating opportunities for someone to get his count up)

Or am I just being a killjoy ?

Bogus

Well, You got some good points.

I personally think that on a whole, This forum is far more 'personal' then any other ive ever seen. Its also a very active one.

Quite a few posts from people are, well 'general chit chat' Which this is the section for.

With regards to Neros post count. Hes replied (an insulted...calling me cheap!! ) to some of my posts the past few days.

I think all in all, Everyone here 'knows' everyone else or has something to input. This whole 'post whore' thing is just a running joke amongst mates.... Cuz thats what we all are.

Comment

It's not really post whoring though, proper post whoring would be posting for the sake of posting.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

or using two posts when it would easily have fitted in one
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
              or using two posts when it would easily have fitted in one

Yeah!!

Comment

Good point

Comment

it's either friendly banter, or just plain chit chat.

The post count thing is just an indication of how active the forum is, this place is like, well, my first home. My second home is where i eat and sleep. Look at some of the posts on here where people post family tragedies and personal situations that they want advice or comfort in, and you'll see this is not your average car owners forum.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

it's either friendly banter, or just plain chit chat.

The post count thing is just an indication of how active the forum is, this place is like, well, my first home. My second home is where i eat and sleep. Look at some of the posts on here where people post family tragedies and personal situations that they want advice or comfort in, and you'll see this is not your average car owners forum.

Thats what i meant to say!

Your spot on Nero mate, Good luck to anyone wanting to find a car owner site that is as active as this. Hiluxsurf.co.uk is the first site i go to whenever i go on the internet. An i normally try to at least get in to have a look everyday.

Comment

now i've overtaken plumb bob there's no one above me who joined after me

I'd better start talking more c r a p as soon as poss then
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I'm so embarrassed about mine!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          I'm so embarrassed about mine!!
                          But you've never let it stop you.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            But you've never let it stop you.....

I was born to help!

Comment

well you wont
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

find me posting $$$$ and
                                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...