taking the p**s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking the p**s

Notice a sudden growl from underneath on the way to work this morning. thought nothing of it til I got home to find that the tail pipe had come away from small back box. No probs me thinks, so I pop round to local garage who informs me that as surf is an import there are lots of variations on exhaust system even though I quoted the old KZN130 spiel.
    Reckoned he couldn't look under the surf cos he might order the wrong part......reckon it was cos he is from the extra lardy school myself.......anyway 10 minutes later his fitter got under her and told me that rear pipe and box needs replacing.......2 minutes later ol' lardarse appeared quoting £310 + vat +£40 per hour labour and if garage is too busy an extra £35 for taking up a MOT slot.......................... I guess that he doesn't want the business, just ordered the part for delivery on Mon for £53.

Moral of the story is, if you want to make someone sweat, go to Quikfix in Wickford and park in the furthest parking bay and make ol' lardarse walk.
    Started with a beast now I have a beauty

holy FCUK!! Are you going to pay those prices??

You need to find a decent garage BAD! When my MOT ran out on me! (got the month wrong! ) I went down to my dads mates garage, he called up the mot people who said "Sorry mate, fully booked" The guy mentioned somet about favours..... I get a call, Truck is MOT'd with the parts an labour cost me about £50!!

You could get a super duper stainless made up for less then lardys £350 or whatever!! Call an cancel it if i were you.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      holy FCUK!! Are you going to pay those prices??

You need to find a decent garage BAD! When my MOT ran out on me! (got the month wrong! ) I went down to my dads mates garage, he called up the mot people who said "Sorry mate, fully booked" The guy mentioned somet about favours..... I get a call, Truck is MOT'd with the parts an labour cost me about £50!!

You could get a super duper stainless made up for less then lardys £350 or whatever!! Call an cancel it if i were you.
      Got the part elsewhere for £53................just got to fit it now!

Comment

i got stainless from the front pipe for £250, guaranteed for lifetime. with rust proof stainless, and a side/angled exit
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
          i got stainless from the front pipe for £250, guaranteed for lifetime. with rust proof stainless, and a side/angled exit
          Where from? Be nice to mod up my exhaust, get the outlet under the rear door though as fed up of squashing it
          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Mine did exactly the same a while back. Only takes about 20 mins to swap them over. Really easy job.
            Enjoy. Jokers!
            Rich

Comment

Originally posted by heapy
              Mine did exactly the same a while back. Only takes about 20 mins to swap them over. Really easy job.
              Enjoy. Jokers!
              Rich
              Being of the not dun that b4 club, what do I have to do?

Comment

i paid 370 i think it was from the turbo back with a side exit.I kept the big silencer box which is only a year old so if anyone wants one for a 3.0l then make a offer on it
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Fitting middle and back exhaust sections is a piece of p@ss.

Each section is bolted onto the next one at a flange. Undo the bolts, unhook the section from the hangers. Move the hanger rubbers onto the new section, lift into place and onto hangers. Bolt it back up again. Middle and back can be done in under half an hour by anyone who knows one end of a spanner from another.
                  Last edited by Slugsie; 19 October 2007, 16:15. Reason: Spolling corrictions
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

My Surf failed on the 6th October with the centre exhaust section…….
                    new one has been ordered from Japan and should be here next week.

I’m getting used to the train journey now and saving £5 per day

Oh and if you are wondering why it's taking 3 weeks it is because mine is the V6 petrol version
                    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                      My Surf failed on the 6th October with the centre exhaust section…….
                      new one has been ordered from Japan and should be here next week.

I’m getting used to the train journey now and saving £5 per day

Oh and if you are wondering why it's taking 3 weeks it is because mine is the V6 petrol version

How much is that setting you back? *exhaust that is *

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                        How much is that setting you back? *exhaust that is *
                        £185 plus vat. Not too bad really.
                        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                          £185 plus vat. Not too bad really.

True! When you consider its coming from japan an is for a rare version of a surf...

You should've got a 2.4 then all the parts are next day

Comment

Bl00dy hell. Mine cost about £280 for genuine Stainless middle and rear for mine. Thought the V6 would have been more being a rare model.

Easy to fit though, just order some new nuts and bolts for the flanges as the old ones are probably rusted solid. I had to cut mine out with an anglegrinder.

Comment

I once took an old banger I'd bought for 500 quid to quick fit to get the pads renewed, they wanted to replace the whole system, it was going to cost nearly another 500 at the time, I did the lot myself during work time with the gaffers blessing for £60, discs drums and pads, and never again will I go to quick anything for work on a motor.

One of the reasons I bought the surf was after having a good look at it I thought I can do all the work on this baby myself and now I've found you lot to help out I reckon I can keep it on the road till I retire, another 13 years to go. H

Comment

Working...
                              X