Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stero removal

HELP!!!
    I've managed to snap my current Ariel and have bought a replacement but can I figure out how to get the stereo out.........i don't think so! It's an after market Clarion one that was in there when I bought it but there are no holes to remove it, I spoke to the guy in the shop where I bought the ariel and he reckons that I have to pull out the dash board to get to the back to plug in my new ariel..... can this be true or is he full of ****

Anyone, anywhere HELP please as I have a long trip next week and NEED music!

Thanks
    Steve

Born to be wild!!

You're not gonna like this, but...........

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mudhog
      HELP!!!
      I've managed to snap my current Ariel and have bought a replacement but can I figure out how to get the stereo out.........i don't think so! It's an after market Clarion one that was in there when I bought it but there are no holes to remove it, I spoke to the guy in the shop where I bought the ariel and he reckons that I have to pull out the dash board to get to the back to plug in my new ariel..... can this be true or is he full of ****

Thanks
      hey mate,take off the console side,(to the left of your left leg)

there is just enough space to get your hand in and squeeze a new lead in
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It not as bad as it looks - I can replace the stereo in a 2nd gen in about 45 mins....start to finish (including the front speakers).....
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by mudhog
          HELP!!!

Thanks

i cant be sure but i think some radios can be removed as i havent seen radios for ages but im sure once some had 2 holes 1 either side that you could fit a tool into so radio can be pulled out.
          im sure also that if you removed the lower part of dash by gear stick you can get your hand in enough to remove the old ariel n put the new one in. but like i said im not sure n only trying to help but im sure someone on here will say how to do it n tell me im wrong

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
            i cant be sure but i think some radios can be removed as i havent seen radios for ages but im sure once some had 2 holes 1 either side that you could fit a tool into so radio can be pulled out.
            im sure also that if you removed the lower part of dash by gear stick you can get your hand in enough to remove the old ariel n put the new one in. but like i said im not sure n only trying to help but im sure someone on here will say how to do it n tell me im wrong

You'll need VERY small hands to do that! My experience has been the whole mount has to be taken out which is centre part of dash out....

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
              You'll need VERY small hands to do that! My experience has been the whole mount has to be taken out which is centre part of dash out....
              i have small hands m8 youve seen me im only a little bloke lol but wasnt there a tool with some so you could just pull the radio out?

Comment

i have small hands m8 youve seen me im only a little bloke lol but wasnt there a tool with some so you could just pull the radio out?

You can in some cases, but in mine the stereo is screwed into the cage on both sides, my Celica was the same - so it's unlikely the little tool things would work.

You, small???? Compared to whom????

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                  You can in some cases, but in mine the stereo is screwed into the cage on both sides, my Celica was the same - so it's unlikely the little tool things would work.

You, small???? Compared to whom????
                  you m8 lol n oi behave or i'll let cheyenne loose lol.

Comment

hmmm feel arm wrestling coming on,

as mentioned before,if you remove the shroud it is possible(though fiddly,admitted) to get to the back of the radio,and i have got biggish hands
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                      hmmm feel arm wrestling coming on,

as mentioned before,if you remove the shroud it is possible(though fiddly,admitted) to get to the back of the radio,and i have got biggish hands
                      what cheyenne n mudsurfer arm wrestling now that would b funny to see him lose lol n i like you now gwh lol so na na nana na @mud

Comment

I don't supose anyone knows a decent guide like that for the Gen 3?? (I have tried searching!)
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                          I don't supose anyone knows a decent guide like that for the Gen 3?? (I have tried searching!)
                          take it to a garage,

dont want to break any nails!!!

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

what cheyenne n mudsurfer arm wrestling now that would b funny to see him lose lol n i like you now gwh lol so na na nana na @mud

Haahahahahahahaa!

I'd defo lose to Cheyenne!!

Karma - not seen one for the third gen, I was looking over Tim's (hawkeye...) and couldn't work it out - it may be easier with a 3rd gen, could be a case of using a tool like Pirate Storm....no, that came out wrong like Will mentioned, the little bars you get, slide them down the side and see if it comes out....

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra

Dude, you assisted in fitting a Lexus V8 into a Supra and you're asking for help in removing a couple of pieces of plastic dash??!!

Comment

Working...
                              X