Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission coolers

Hi everyone
    well my 3.0L ssrx fell through, looking at a 3.0ssr ltd on sunday, im going to be using the babe for towing my caravan aswell as genral use, if when i do get this one or another will i need an additional cooler for the transmission fluid with it being auto, and what filters should i check out and change when home even if dealer SAYS theyve done a service. thanks for all your help.
    Dave!!!!
    P.S what is the difference between the ssrx and the ltd model cheers
    Last edited by firefly; 27 February 2004, 20:00.
    if a politition is talking its lying

Originally posted by firefly
    Hi everyone
    well my 3.0L ssrx fell through, looking at a 3.0ssr ltd on sunday, im going to be using the babe for towing my caravan aswell as genral use, if when i do get this one or another will i need an additional cooler for the transmission fluid with it being auto, and what filters should i check out and change when home even if dealer SAYS theyve done a service. thanks for all your help.
    Dave!!!!
    P.S what is the difference between the ssrx and the ltd model cheers
    There was a debatwe on auto coolers about a week ago , sorry I can not remeber where it was under .
    I did post on using a seperate cooler being fitted and a manual transmission rad being used . Have a search under mechanical .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

You shouldn't have any problems towing. The bottom third (or so) of the rad on the Surf is the transmission fluid cooler. Just make sure the rad is hosed down well, to ensure that it isn't clogged, after any really muddy off roading. The air, oil and diesel filters should be changed. The rad should be well flushed and 50/50 anti-freeze/de-ionised water mix put in.
      Have a look at the Surf FAQ's at the top of the page and in the technical section.
      Enjoy your new toy when you get it
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

thanx for the advice, does anyone know the differences between the models the one im looking at is a ssr ltd, is this the bog standard model????
        if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

There has been a lot of debate on the forum about the difference between the models. Try using the search (SSR-X, SSR-V etc). The conclusion in previous posts was that our Japanese cousins like to add so many upgrades and order them with factory fitted extras, that it is a bit of a mystery.
          Mines an SSR-X and has electric everything, sun roof, air con, heated adjustable mirrors,Central locking (no remote) twin batteries (which was a winter pack option or standard on cars for the colder areas of Japan).
          Keep checking here and the guys and gals will put you right.
          Try this link

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm
          Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 29 February 2004, 19:08.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X