Seat Alhambra - Not s Surf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Alhambra - Not s Surf.

I know that the Seat Alhambra is not a Surf. We need a people carrier for work, needs to have 7 seats AND be 4x4.

We've found a 2001 Seat Alhambra, 2.8 V6 with 110K KM, FSH, good nick, seems to drive well (for a non-Surf). Around £7,000.

I would have preferred the 1.9TDI but then again I would have preferred the VW Sharan.

Anyone know anything about these cars? Is it going to cost alot to run?

Cheers,

gavin.
    Surfin' Swiss Style...

i pick them up alot to be honest!
    mostly cause its,a seat,vw,and ford,all mismatch of parts,lots of electrical gremlins,buy a toyota previa,u will never breakdown

Comment

Originally posted by Ski_Extra
      I know that the Seat Alhambra is not a Surf. We need a people carrier for work, needs to have 7 seats AND be 4x4.

We've found a 2001 Seat Alhambra, 2.8 V6 with 110K KM, FSH, good nick, seems to drive well (for a non-Surf). Around £7,000.

I would have preferred the 1.9TDI but then again I would have preferred the VW Sharan.

Cheers,

gavin.
      i didnt know the seat did a 2.8 v6.we have a 99 2.0 ltr sharran,i dont think it was looked after very well when we bough it.but its been a great car in the two and a half years weve had it.some minor faults but nothing to moan about just general wear and tear.my only gripe is that the seats are to hard and the driving position a bit funny.no where to rest your right arm.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

or buy a landcruiser!
        Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by Ski_Extra

Cheers,

gavin.
          can't speak highly enough of Seat vehicles, i have a cupra and it's the n*ts, always always try and get yourself a diesel though for this kind of work - more go when 7 up (plus you can chuck in the veggie)
          Bunkle
          Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

2.8 V6 will be juicey up and down the mountain ( mostly up) you'd be better off with a diesel, more low down torque for pulling all those people and their luggage up to the resort.
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
              or buy a landcruiser!

Got to agree with that, you can get a 7 seater, and pull a trailer for the luggage.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Sadly the land cruiser option ain't an option just now.

I hope to find a 1.9 TDI to test drive today and then take it from there.

The TDIs hold their value better, so it's harder to find one in good nick at our price range and with 4x4.

The fuel consumption on the TDI is around 9 km/l urban, 6 km/l extra urban and 7 km/l combined. The 2.8 VR6 does 15 / 9 / 11. Seeing as diesel is around the same price as gas here, that makes the 3.8 better or am I *really* bad at maths???
                Surfin' Swiss Style...

Comment

Working...
                X